How accurate is the "average"?

4/24/2018 4:16:03 PM
I absolutely love the free trial, and I will be buying the subscription as soon as my semester ends, however, the only question I have revolved around the "average" score that displays after taking a section.

Does this average signify the average score among all people that took it?
And finally, how is the "average" adjusted, because I would assume that a lot of people who make free trial accounts might be spamming random answers to just look at questions. I hope my point makes sense, but in other words, how accurate is the average meter.

4/26/2018 7:16:21 PM
lnuz160585 wrote:
I absolutely love the free trial, and I will be buying the subscription as soon as my semester ends, however, the only question I have revolved around the "average" score that displays after taking a section.

And finally, how is the "average" adjusted, because I would assume that a lot of people who make free trial accounts might be spamming random answers to just look at questions. I hope my point makes sense, but in other words, how accurate is the average meter.

shut up kid

5/3/2018 11:53:42 PM
imo you should disregard the average and view it as nothing more than a neat but superfluous feature. Just focus on questions that YOU struggle with, spent a long time on, or got wrong. Like you mentioned, a lot of people take practice questions just to see them (and the answers) - I'm not innocent of this myself. There may be an intuitive way of screening for these effects (e.g. only factoring responses that take longer than x seconds, but there are questions that can legitimately be answered near instantly, so this wouldn't be a perfect method).

5/4/2018 4:16:41 PM
uptn571132 wrote:
lnuz160585 wrote:

shut up kid

Papito

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK