Got my score 239

4/25/2018 10:11:55 AM
Hey guys just got my score back , and this going to be a long post hope it helps
I’m psyched by my score , I know it’s an average score . I almost reached my target which is even more awesome
Ok first of I’m an img from India , and I’m in my intern phase , where I took my break for step 1
So I’m ur everyday average , I didn’t study much in college , mostly during my exams only .
I used to go the wards regularly , I felt that this helped me a lot , gave me a problem solving power along with the needed human touch and empathy ( these two not needed for step 1 but are a must for a physicians)
Ok to start with step prep
First I’ll tell what I felt about step and what could be a good way to go wd
Step 1 is all about four things
1. tons and tons of basic information and concepts that we should and gather assimilate in our mind (mainly fa highest yield + Kaplan to a lil extent but more for a quick recap) ITS VERY IMP TO KNOW HOW TO READ FA it’s not ur everyday book to just keep reading it or memorizing it , it’s like a huge database and each word in it is like a key to some very imp concepts and topics
2. Application of this basic concepts and stuff to solve two or three stepped Q in the exam or direct Q with direct ans (UWOrld *******very high yield )
3. Developing a capability to rule out the wrong ans ( step exam is all about this , the better u are at ruling out wrong ans the Better will be ur score (again UWOrld )
4. Endurance , lots and lots of endurance , both for prep and the exam !
What I felt about the prep was that the more Q u do the better u bcom and the way u go through fa is really imp , u should be able reason out most of the stuff in fa if not all like each and every fricking word in fa is high yield trust me
It’s very important that u know each and every word in fa not just by memorizing but u should be able to reason most of it , if not all
Google everything u don’t know in fa (even if it’s a single line or word) , it’s time taking but very useful
And UWOrld is like one the greatest explanatory materials I’ve ever come across in my life
UWOrld has four mot imp things in it
1. The q stems high yield , they give u an idea of how the exam will be and secondly they have buzzz words , which are of the highest yield in step
U should know each and every buzz word related to the disease
2. the options( this has to be one of the most imp thing u do in step prep ) - u should be able to reason out each and every option and rule the wrong ones out at the same time u shd be able associate what concept that particular wrong option is related to ( this way ur aging exclusion capacity and also a lot of base information through the multiple options
3. And then the main correct ans and it’s explanation, to read it completely and then refer it in Fa and then annote things u feel will b needed during quick recal
4. And lastly time management which u get by doing UWOrld and other Qbanks
And then NBME and UWSA , both these shd be used not only for testing purposes but learning new things or improving ur concepts also
My nbmes were all over the places. But that was due to my crazy prep timing
NBME 13 190 UWSA 1 173 (after a 3 month break in between)
NBME 16 210 NBME 19 215 NBME 17 225 UWSA 254 nbme 18 225 ( lol got the exact average of these two) I exhausted my mocks way before my exam , so I really didn’t take any mocks from one month before the exam
The exam day I slept well
And I only rem entering and coming out for the breaks
Once the block starts it’s gets over in no time
Most are Qs u can ans using exclusion of options
I could count like 30 odd mistakes from the questions I got
Didn’t know how I did my exam , totally clueless 😂.
If u need any help dm me , happy to help

4/30/2018 2:51:12 PM
Hi congrats on your exam score. I am really happy and proud of your hard work. M also a grad from india. I was wondering if you can Skype with me and tell me how to improve my studying for FA and method of elimination. Some of the test taking skills you mentioned was very truthful. And I wanted the pointers to guide me so I can improve my score to be like yours.
please inbox me and we can Skype. I have my exam end of May and I am struggling with my score to improve.
Thank you so much

5/3/2018 10:02:27 PM
hi congratulations !this is over
i have one question i know how every one said use Uworld as a study source . but im curious about the percentage correlations
how was you score in beginning and at the end of you prep on uworld

enjoy your time and thank you for sharing this with us

5/4/2018 5:22:00 AM
vishad wrote:
hi congratulations !this is over
i have one question i know how every one said use Uworld as a study source . but im curious about the percentage correlations
how was you score in beginning and at the end of you prep on uworld
enjoy your time and thank you for sharing this with us

Hey thnq !! It’s finally done 😂
Ya even I used to look these stats up during my prep , about the percent correlation
During my first pass of UW I think I got around 55% or something and second time I might have got 75% something
But there is one thing I can tell , these stats can be used as a fun or motivating time pass during the prep , but it’s absolutely a waste to think they will correlate to anything esp UW percent
Uw like I said is an absolute beast of a material and it’s not about how many u got correct , but how well u know each and every concept and point in it that matters

Hope that ans ur Q

5/4/2018 1:14:06 PM
thank you , that was my question best of luck for the rest of your journey . and thanks again

5/8/2018 8:30:02 AM
Heyy amazing score. Which med school in india did you go to

5/21/2018 8:43:34 AM
Hey could you just pls tell me how long you approx took to finish Uworld the first time and the second time?? like how many days did it take you and how many questions could you finish in one day along with the explanations???

5/23/2018 2:16:00 PM
kxvb930480 wrote:
Hey guys just got my score back , and this going to be a long post hope it helps
I’m psyched by my score , I know it’s an average score . I almost reached my target which is even more awesome
Ok first of I’m an img from India , and I’m in my intern phase , where I took my break for step 1
So I’m ur everyday average , I didn’t study much in college , mostly during my exams only .
I used to go the wards regularly , I felt that this helped me a lot , gave me a problem solving power along with the needed human touch and empathy ( these two not needed for step 1 but are a must for a physicians)
Ok to start with step prep
First I’ll tell what I felt about step and what could be a good way to go wd
Step 1 is all about four things
1. tons and tons of basic information and concepts that we should and gather assimilate in our mind (mainly fa highest yield + Kaplan to a lil extent but more for a quick recap) ITS VERY IMP TO KNOW HOW TO READ FA it’s not ur everyday book to just keep reading it or memorizing it , it’s like a huge database and each word in it is like a key to some very imp concepts and topics
2. Application of this basic concepts and stuff to solve two or three stepped Q in the exam or direct Q with direct ans (UWOrld *******very high yield )
3. Developing a capability to rule out the wrong ans ( step exam is all about this , the better u are at ruling out wrong ans the Better will be ur score (again UWOrld )
4. Endurance , lots and lots of endurance , both for prep and the exam !
What I felt about the prep was that the more Q u do the better u bcom and the way u go through fa is really imp , u should be able reason out most of the stuff in fa if not all like each and every fricking word in fa is high yield trust me
It’s very important that u know each and every word in fa not just by memorizing but u should be able to reason most of it , if not all
Google everything u don’t know in fa (even if it’s a single line or word) , it’s time taking but very useful
And UWOrld is like one the greatest explanatory materials I’ve ever come across in my life
UWOrld has four mot imp things in it
1. The q stems high yield , they give u an idea of how the exam will be and secondly they have buzzz words , which are of the highest yield in step
U should know each and every buzz word related to the disease
2. the options( this has to be one of the most imp thing u do in step prep ) - u should be able to reason out each and every option and rule the wrong ones out at the same time u shd be able associate what concept that particular wrong option is related to ( this way ur aging exclusion capacity and also a lot of base information through the multiple options
3. And then the main correct ans and it’s explanation, to read it completely and then refer it in Fa and then annote things u feel will b needed during quick recal
4. And lastly time management which u get by doing UWOrld and other Qbanks
And then NBME and UWSA , both these shd be used not only for testing purposes but learning new things or improving ur concepts also
My nbmes were all over the places. But that was due to my crazy prep timing
NBME 13 190 UWSA 1 173 (after a 3 month break in between)
NBME 16 210 NBME 19 215 NBME 17 225 UWSA 254 nbme 18 225 ( lol got the exact average of these two) I exhausted my mocks way before my exam , so I really didn’t take any mocks from one month before the exam
The exam day I slept well
And I only rem entering and coming out for the breaks
Once the block starts it’s gets over in no time
Most are Qs u can ans using exclusion of options
I could count like 30 odd mistakes from the questions I got
Didn’t know how I did my exam , totally clueless 😂.
If u need any help dm me , happy to help

I am happy with score and I am in Block 8 starting June 4th and planning to take my step 1 in Nov-Dec what is your email if I need help. I am in USA but will be foreign grad.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK