Passed! Thank you uWorld!

5/15/2018 12:22:20 PM
I previously graduated with my BSN from a school that uses ATI. I received the green light and then proceeded to fail the NCLEX in 75 questions.

I chose not to give up. I went online and found uWorld. I did every question in the Qbank, I read every rationale right or wrong. I scored consistently in the 40s and 50s range. Then, I did all the questions in the Incorrect Qbank and re-read every rationale, and I repeated that step until I had answered every question right at least once. Then, I marked every question I got right through a guess or a remembered answer, and I studied those rationales up until the week before the exam. In the week of the exam, I took the 2 practice exams and received a borderline and a high chance of passing as scores. I retook the exam and passed in 141 questions.

The materials I used were ATI books, online sites such as UpToDate and Healthline to fill in gaps in knowledge, and uWorld. The biggest piece of advice I can offer anyone who is taking this exam is to forget about the computer adaptive part. breathe and focus on the question in front of you. Good Luck, if I can pass this exam, I have no doubts anyone reading this will pass too.

5/15/2018 2:40:26 PM
I graduated with my BSN in December of 2017. My school used Kaplan exams. I received my ATT and scheduled the NCLEX a week before my wedding!! ( I shouldnt have done this!) I was completely stressed out and focused on my wedding, my sister went into labor a day before my exam, and my grandmother went into the hospital the week of my exam. I shouldve taken this as a sign to not take nclex. I couldnt focus at all on the exam. I didnt get much studying in needless to say, but I still went for it. I only used Kaplan to study. Nclex took me to all 265 questions!! (so apparently I was borderline), but I failed.
I felt horrible, embarrassed, and like a failure. All through school and college I was a straight A student (or pretty close), until nursing school. I was not one of the strongest in my class by no means. I actually had to review and study materials (and I was still confused when it came to the exams)..... Long story short, I got married, took my honeymoon and came back ready to tackle the test again.
Basically everyone in my class said they used Uworld to study. So I bought it and started at it. I ended up doing about 800 questions prior to taking nclex. I reviewed all the Qbank questions (regardless if I got it right or wrong). I split my tests into increments of 10-20 questions. I didnt get burned out this way and I could review each question (I had it in tutor mode). I did the self assessment a few days prior to my exam and got borderline. I went over things the day/night before and the day of. They say not to, but it kept me calm and relaxed so I did it! I took NCLEX again on May 9th and PASSED! This time it took me to just 75 questions. I felt so prepared with Uworld, it was exactly identical to NCLEX.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK