PASSED NCLEX ON MY 4th TRY IN 75 QUESTIONS!!

5/16/2018 1:22:27 PM
Long Post!!!
Hey everyone! Sooo I’m here to say UWORLD IS THE BOMBBB!!!! I also used ReMar Review which was amazing and a HUGE help as well... I used ReMar for core content.. I bought the whole DVD self study package.. I watched the DVDs twice and went through all the books and took notes and used Uworld as my extra resource for questions.. So I’m going to tell you all about my NCLEX journey.

1st Attempt was August 2016.. I took Kaplan live review which was useful in how to narrow your options but wasn’t enough for me.. I needed content.. I failed at 95 questions

2nd Attempt was January 2017.. I was told about Uworld.. I did Uworld and had about 500 questions left in my question bank and only read the questions I got wrong anddd I did not go back over any wrong questions either... I also used ATI virtual tutor which I did not like at all! It just wasn’t for me.. and again, I failed at 265 questions.. I cried and was mad and decided to take a break

3rd Attempt was June 2017.. I purchased Uworld again and was going through the questions but was so eager to just take the exam that I still did what I did the 2nd attempt and failed again at 265 questions.. I told myself that’s it I’m done and nursing wasn’t for me

4th Attempt was May 14, 2018.. I built enough courage to pick myself back up.. This time I made sure to complete the ENTIRE question bank and READ EVERY SINGLE RATIONALE whether I got the question right or wrong I made sure to understand everything... I made notes and flash cards and reread them before I went back over my incorrect questions.. sometimes I wondered if what I was reading was actually sticking to my head because it’s over 2000 questions on here! But nevertheless, that’s what everyone needs to do! Especially REPEAT TEST TAKERS! My overall percentile was 80th percentile and I was all over the place with my scores.. 40%-80%.. I did the assessment when I complete everything and got “High” chance of passing.. I did majority of my questions in tutor mode.. I also targeted my questions by topic.. I think it’s better when you work on questions that way instead of randomized.. So I did maternity pharmacology with the corresponding topic; maternity.. I read sooo many people in this forum say to READ ALL the rationales whether right or wrong and redo the questions you got incorrect.. I know it’s tedious!! I know it’s tiring but you won’t regret it! You get so use to the questions and when you take the actual exam everything seems easier than Uworld.

I was one of those people on here that read so many forums looking for a conversation like the one I’m writing now... I will say that this has been the toughest road everrr but GOD! God held my hand through this all and I give all praises to Him!! I asked God to prepare this exam specially for me and make this exam according to my knowledge.. I fasted, I cried, I couldn’t sleep.. I’m human.. but in the back of my mind I knew God would get it done! It was so hard watching everyone in their careers and I couldn’t start mine! Please just pray and take the time out to understand every question you come across on here! I passed with 75 questions! I can’t believe I did that!! 75 questions?? I went from 95 and failing to 265 twice then to 75 questions and passing!! I’m still in shock!!! You guys can do it!!!!!! Pray!!!!!! Fast!!!! Cry if you have to!! VICTORY IS YOURS!! Claim it!! Lives in the future are depending on you guys!! Deactivate all your social medias and delete the apps off your phone so you won’t be tempted.. Don’t tell a soul about your exact test date.. keep it to yourself.. sometimes we have to move in silence! FOCUS and give it your all so you can enjoy the summer and this money too! Lol... If I did it after 4 attempts and 2 years out of school so can you! Best of wishes to you all! God bless

Signed a new BSN, RN ❤️

5/16/2018 2:38:23 PM
I'm so happy for you! Congratulations. I'm in the same boat 265 questions and another FAIL. I had a high chance of passing according to the first assessment and a very high chance on the second assessment. I had 700 questions in uworld that I did not finish. I was wondering what are your thoughts. Should I do all the 700 questions that I didn't complete and then go back to all the precious exams? Also according to my NCLEX report card I got NEAR passing on everything and I know I need to get ABOVE passing. I am so desperate it has already been 2 years for me as well and I am eager to get my license as an RN. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5/16/2018 6:58:58 PM
My suggestion is to complete the entire question bank and redo all of the ones you got wrong.. if you are running out of time then redo all of the ones that you got lower than the 70th percentile.. make notes of stuff that you want to go back over.. make notes of all the lab values.. NCLEX wasn’t hard for me this time at all! Uworld prepares you to pass NCLEX in 75 questions.. read every single rationale whether you got the question right or wrong.. you can do this!! The last time I took NCLEX I got 265 questions and NEAR PASSING in all categories.. in that case you have to study everything back over again and discover your weak topics.. do the questions topic by topic too you’ll learn it better that way

5/16/2018 8:10:17 PM
ekvl864961 wrote:
Long Post!!!
Hey everyone! Sooo I’m here to say UWORLD IS THE BOMBBB!!!! I also used ReMar Review which was amazing and a HUGE help as well... I used ReMar for core content.. I bought the whole DVD self study package.. I watched the DVDs twice and went through all the books and took notes and used Uworld as my extra resource for questions.. So I’m going to tell you all about my NCLEX journey.

1st Attempt was August 2016.. I took Kaplan live review which was useful in how to narrow your options but wasn’t enough for me.. I needed content.. I failed at 95 questions

2nd Attempt was January 2017.. I was told about Uworld.. I did Uworld and had about 500 questions left in my question bank and only read the questions I got wrong anddd I did not go back over any wrong questions either... I also used ATI virtual tutor which I did not like at all! It just wasn’t for me.. and again, I failed at 265 questions.. I cried and was mad and decided to take a break

3rd Attempt was June 2017.. I purchased Uworld again and was going through the questions but was so eager to just take the exam that I still did what I did the 2nd attempt and failed again at 265 questions.. I told myself that’s it I’m done and nursing wasn’t for me

4th Attempt was May 14, 2018.. I built enough courage to pick myself back up.. This time I made sure to complete the ENTIRE question bank and READ EVERY SINGLE RATIONALE whether I got the question right or wrong I made sure to understand everything... I made notes and flash cards and reread them before I went back over my incorrect questions.. sometimes I wondered if what I was reading was actually sticking to my head because it’s over 2000 questions on here! But nevertheless, that’s what everyone needs to do! Especially REPEAT TEST TAKERS! My overall percentile was 80th percentile and I was all over the place with my scores.. 40%-80%.. I did the assessment when I complete everything and got “High” chance of passing.. I did majority of my questions in tutor mode.. I also targeted my questions by topic.. I think it’s better when you work on questions that way instead of randomized.. So I did maternity pharmacology with the corresponding topic; maternity.. I read sooo many people in this forum say to READ ALL the rationales whether right or wrong and redo the questions you got incorrect.. I know it’s tedious!! I know it’s tiring but you won’t regret it! You get so use to the questions and when you take the actual exam everything seems easier than Uworld.

I was one of those people on here that read so many forums looking for a conversation like the one I’m writing now... I will say that this has been the toughest road everrr but GOD! God held my hand through this all and I give all praises to Him!! I asked God to prepare this exam specially for me and make this exam according to my knowledge.. I fasted, I cried, I couldn’t sleep.. I’m human.. but in the back of my mind I knew God would get it done! It was so hard watching everyone in their careers and I couldn’t start mine! Please just pray and take the time out to understand every question you come across on here! I passed with 75 questions! I can’t believe I did that!! 75 questions?? I went from 95 and failing to 265 twice then to 75 questions and passing!! I’m still in shock!!! You guys can do it!!!!!! Pray!!!!!! Fast!!!! Cry if you have to!! VICTORY IS YOURS!! Claim it!! Lives in the future are depending on you guys!! Deactivate all your social medias and delete the apps off your phone so you won’t be tempted.. Don’t tell a soul about your exact test date.. keep it to yourself.. sometimes we have to move in silence! FOCUS and give it your all so you can enjoy the summer and this money too! Lol... If I did it after 4 attempts and 2 years out of school so can you! Best of wishes to you all! God bless

Signed a new BSN, RN ❤️

5/17/2018 10:52:34 PM
ekvl864961 wrote:
Long Post!!!

Signed a new BSN, RN ❤️

5/17/2018 10:53:04 PM
ekvl864961 wrote:
Long Post!!!

Signed a new BSN, RN ❤️

5/17/2018 10:55:26 PM
oh my gosh!! congratulations!! I took my exam last September 2016 and very anxious to schedule another exam. scared that I might fail again. I tried UWORLD for a little more than a month. Hopefully I can pass this time. Goodluck on becoming a new nurse.

5/28/2018 12:41:59 AM
First off I want to say congratulations!!!! I too am in the same boat I took NCLEX in April and failed for the 3rd time. I’m now using remar and Regina is amazing. I love what she’s doing and how many nurses she’s helping. Reading your forum is giving me a lot of hope. I was week in content and remar just makes it so easy to understand. I’m actully redoing her cds too.. lol my question .. how many questions did you do on uworld??? Are you doing them all or just what you can. Regina also said understanding content 1st and questions later. I’ll be purchasing uworld soon so I can start doing questions too!!! Thanks

5/28/2018 8:14:01 PM
Hi congratulations to you!!!
I’m just wondering if you are going to sell your ReMar DVD? My email is [email protected]

Thank you!
edited by on 5/28/2018

5/28/2018 11:32:06 PM
ekvl864961 wrote:
Long Post

Signed a new BSN, RN ❤️

I also ordered the remar dvd, just waiting for it. I’m also a repeat test taker, how long did you study the Remar DVD before you took the exam?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK