Advice on studying rationales

5/22/2018 4:27:31 PM
I'm scheduled to take NCLEX in 2 weeks! I graduated nursing school May 3rd, took a few days off to go to the beach and started UWorld. I have to admit I haven't been doing as many questions unil last week like I should but with having 2 self assessments I decided to take one of them before scheduling my NCLEX exam date. I scored in the 48th percentile with a high chance of passing the NCLEX...I felt confident so I went ahead and scheduled my exam.

After giving what feels like my life story (lol!) I really need help with studying the rationales. It's taking me too long to write them, and when I am writing them I'm not sure whether to write the entire thing or to just write important info or the educational objectives?

I want to make 110% sure I'm using UWorld the absolute BEST way possible to ensure I get the results that the majority of nursing students who have used uworld have received. It's hard to go off of discussion posts that state to "study the rationales" when I don't feel like I'm doing that efficiently without spending hours and hours on specifically studying rationales when I could be practicing more questions. But I'm sincerely pleading for advice and will most defintely use any tips that will help me feel more confident that I'm doing what I need to in order to get the most out of uworld!

Any advice on what y'all have personally done that was effective would be oh so greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!!!

5/22/2018 5:44:56 PM
csno399262 wrote:
I'm scheduled to take NCLEX in 2 weeks! I graduated nursing school May 3rd, took a few days off to go to the beach and started UWorld. I have to admit I haven't been doing as many questions unil last week like I should but with having 2 self assessments I decided to take one of them before scheduling my NCLEX exam date. I scored in the 48th percentile with a high chance of passing the NCLEX...I felt confident so I went ahead and scheduled my exam.

After giving what feels like my life story (lol!) I really need help with studying the rationales. It's taking me too long to write them, and when I am writing them I'm not sure whether to write the entire thing or to just write important info or the educational objectives?

I want to make 110% sure I'm using UWorld the absolute BEST way possible to ensure I get the results that the majority of nursing students who have used uworld have received. It's hard to go off of discussion posts that state to "study the rationales" when I don't feel like I'm doing that efficiently without spending hours and hours on specifically studying rationales when I could be practicing more questions. But I'm sincerely pleading for advice and will most defintely use any tips that will help me feel more confident that I'm doing what I need to in order to get the most out of uworld!

Any advice on what y'all have personally done that was effective would be oh so greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!!!

5/23/2018 3:03:03 PM
Reading all rationals takes time, you have two weeks focus on leadership and management questions and fundamental questions under subject, read rationals and if you get any questions of who do you see first read those rationals and understand why that one was important compare to others. If you have time go into mental health question it seems like it never fails to have those in the 75 questions uworld gives you. Best advise stay calm during exam, and don't over think stuff. writing down labs helps you not stress when doing questions and safes time. nclex let you write down stuff as soon as you start question number one. it might seem like its a waste of time at the beginning, but trust me it saves you time, especially when your on question 45 feeling on the roll or anxious.

5/24/2018 5:17:31 PM
Thank you SO much! That really helps a lot!!!!

5/24/2018 5:24:57 PM
lzhq947728 wrote:
csno399262 wrote:

5/24/2018 5:26:45 PM
lzhq947728 wrote:
csno399262 wrote:

im just asking 97th percentile is good or bad ..... thats my rank.....

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK