I AM NOT SURE IF I AM DOING THIS RIGHT...

6/7/2018 3:32:05 PM
I am a foreign nursing graduate from 2006 and I have no experience or what so ever. Without any review...I tried taking the NCLEX RN Exam last 2016 and I believe the computer shut off after 2-3 hours and I am pretty sure I was not even at number 80. And as expected I failed. I felt very sad and embarrassed, and no one is to blame but myself... After that I said to myself that I will not try it again, but then I saw my friends and all of them are now RN's and they passed the exam, so I now I have decided to try it again. Now that I am doing my very best to read SAUNDERS and do UWORLD in RANDOM with 2 to 3 sets of 35 questions a day and sometime 75 in tutor mode... I am also doing LA CHARITY and to be honest even if I am doing all of them it seems like I am not understanding anything and instead it looks like I am just memorizing things... I am very poor with everything and I am about to go crazy with the way I am studying (EVERYDAY 12-16 hours a day or more) I even stay until 3AM sometimes... BUT still every time I take the test from UWORLD all I am getting is 30-40-50 percent on my exams.. I can only get a 70 - 100 percent if I do it again... I do read each RATIONALE but I am not sure if this is really sinking in... I am a slow reader but I read everything. I also do notes but still the same result... What else should I do? MY EXAM is by AUGUST and I am not sure if I am going to pass especially if my scores now are very low... Hope to hear from someone...

6/7/2018 9:32:14 PM
I think you are OVER doing it.... Studying for 12-16 hours a day isn't going to be effective... I think you should start by focusing in your weakest area, and go from there.... So for example, if cardio is your weak point, read the Saunders book on cardio, do only cardio questions, and read each rationale, take notes, and then be done for the day... Only study maybe 2-3 hours a day... Also watch videos, RegisteredRN on youtube explains things really well!

Hope this helps...

6/9/2018 11:16:06 AM
olme606800 wrote:
I am a foreign nursing graduate from 2006 and I have no experience or what so ever. Without any review...I tried taking the NCLEX RN Exam last 2016 and I believe the computer shut off after 2-3 hours and I am pretty sure I was not even at number 80. And as expected I failed. I felt very sad and embarrassed, and no one is to blame but myself... After that I said to myself that I will not try it again, but then I saw my friends and all of them are now RN's and they passed the exam, so I now I have decided to try it again. Now that I am doing my very best to read SAUNDERS and do UWORLD in RANDOM with 2 to 3 sets of 35 questions a day and sometime 75 in tutor mode... I am also doing LA CHARITY and to be honest even if I am doing all of them it seems like I am not understanding anything and instead it looks like I am just memorizing things... I am very poor with everything and I am about to go crazy with the way I am studying (EVERYDAY 12-16 hours a day or more) I even stay until 3AM sometimes... BUT still every time I take the test from UWORLD all I am getting is 30-40-50 percent on my exams.. I can only get a 70 - 100 percent if I do it again... I do read each RATIONALE but I am not sure if this is really sinking in... I am a slow reader but I read everything. I also do notes but still the same result... What else should I do? MY EXAM is by AUGUST and I am not sure if I am going to pass especially if my scores now are very low... Hope to hear from someone...

Take it easy my friend.I empathize with you. I am a foreign grad too, 2008 is when I graduated.
Try to RELAX and REST in between. It's better to have SHORT-QUALITY readings everyday over QUANTITY without absorbing anything. Identify what kind of learner are you and stick with what best fits you.Example: You learn more with pictures-so use such materials or use high lighters and make your own notes in a notebook.FOCUS on RATIONALE coz it teach us to think based on the standard point of view of the test makers.Then progress your SHORT-QUALITY time to a LONGER-QUALITY time as you develop ENDURANCE, AGILITY and KNOWLEDGE.
IF OTHERS MADE IT, WHY CAN'T WE?
You earned the credentials already just a LITTLE PUSH and you will reach the PINNACLE.YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! God bless!
edited by on 6/9/2018

6/14/2018 8:48:42 PM
Agreed don't over exaggerated yourself just for test. if it's met to be you'll pass with God help.

6/16/2018 3:04:45 AM
Hey there.

I graduated way back 2008, have hospital experience (but it's soooo not applicable to the NCLEX which is a perfect world) and passed the first time using UWorld (and LaCharity).

Don't be too hard on yourself; studying for half the entire day is gonna drive you crazy. I myself started out with really low scores; I'm amazed with all the fellas here who are scoring 60-70's. I could only get 30-40's and I started out on the 8th percentile! Reading through forums here kept me going (I spent more time reading UWorld forums than doing questions lol) and I told myself I wouldn't let my low scores define me, although it did knock me off a bit when I did my assessment and got Borderline passing. Just do your best, read the rationales and reread, reread, reread! And slack off sometimes, you have a life too you know lol. You may feel guilty a little bit haha but get back on track! I also did LaCharity before I purchased UWorld. Pray, study hard, believe in yourself and be positive. If we all did it, so can you!

6/22/2018 10:58:57 AM
Hello .. I’m also a repeat test taker and I’ve been using remar Review.. and she is god sent. She just makes everything so easy and makes it stick. And you don’t even have to study like that. She recommend to study 2-3 hrs a day that’s it. When you over study nothing sticks. She has helped a lot of foreign nurses and repeat test takes pass. It’s all about the content. That’s all . Then do questions. Check her out on Facebook for your self REMAR NURSE. Good luck !!! You will get it soon enough.

6/22/2018 11:02:40 AM
Hello .. I’m also a repeat test taker and I’ve been using remar Review.. and she is god sent. She just makes everything so easy and makes it stick. And you don’t even have to study like that. She recommend to study 2-3 hrs a day that’s it. When you over study nothing sticks. She has helped a lot of foreign nurses and repeat test takes pass. It’s all about the content. That’s all . Then do questions. Check her out on Facebook for your self REMAR NURSE. Good luck !!! You will get it soon enough.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK