Passed NCLEX Second Time in 85 Questions

8/13/2018 12:31:52 PM
I told myself I would drop a comment in the forums if I passed using Uworld so here goes...I "used" the Kaplan review program to "prepare" for the NCLEX the first time around. I use these quotations because my school paid for Kaplan and while I used the Qbank and the decision tree, it wasn't very helpful to me. The rationales were hard to read and the user interface was just extremely non-engaging in my opinion. I scheduled the NCLEX for roughly 2 weeks after graduation. I went into the exam overconfident and thought for sure my computer would turn off at 75 questions...265 questions later I was completely defeated and knew for sure I failed. Two days later when i confirmed my failure through quickresults, I purchased 60 days of Uworld on the advice of several classmates. I found Uworld extremely engaging. The rationales were extensive and used pictures, graphs and charts. I actually enjoyed taking 75 question exams in tutor mode. I made sure to read every rationale and take extensive notes of things I didn't know before. Around 50 days later, I walked into the Pearson testing center, still nervous, but more confident than I was the first time. Lo and behold, my test ended after 85 questions and even though I wasn't exactly sure I passed...I felt better about the outcome. Through a little effort on my part and more importantly, the grace of God, I found out I passed the following day. I just want to encourage those who have failed NCLEX to keep at it. Uworld is an amazing resource that I would recommend to everyone I know. I used it exclusively and was successful. Good luck to everyone out there and stay focused!

8/13/2018 12:49:24 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!
that is awesome news! what did you score on your uworld tests? If you don't mind me asking. I am in the 55-70's and hoping to get better in the next 600 questions. Saving the assessments for last

8/13/2018 1:00:06 PM
ddyw865079 wrote:
Congratulations!!!!!!!
that is awesome news! what did you score on your uworld tests? If you don't mind me asking. I am in the 55-70's and hoping to get better in the next 600 questions. Saving the assessments for last

I started in the low 40's and the day I tested I was right at 60%. Keep in mind I did not make it through the whole Qbank (only about 1500). My percentile ranking on the assessment was in the 85th percentile. In my honest opinion...the percentile rankings do not matter. Understanding the rationales and knowing the concepts are the important things. Uworld just does an excellent job emphasizing the important concepts.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK