Mistakes for preparation

8/26/2018 6:31:53 AM
I want to know what mistake am I doing
I watched Kaplan videos x2
I did B&B
Completed FA x2 with Rx videos
But I am having problems with connecting dots while doing U World questions and in one of the Nbme and improving my performance.
I don't understand what exactly is my mistake that I am unable to integrate everything.
I will be thankful for any suggestions.

8/26/2018 8:01:00 PM
I think it goes down to what do u mean by you can't connect the dots like do u not understand the concept ? Or was it that when u got the answer you went "ohhhh,yeah I heard/remember that" or was it all Greek as in new info that was unheard of for you. Determine that and find your weakest subjects and work on it

8/28/2018 12:09:09 AM
qluu139766 wrote:
I think it goes down to what do u mean by you can't connect the dots like do u not understand the concept ? Or was it that when u got the answer you went "ohhhh,yeah I heard/remember that" or was it all Greek as in new info that was unheard of for you. Determine that and find your weakest subjects and work on it

I mostly understand the concepts but I am having problems with integrating with other pathological conditions. Like example of sacral agenesis just with the concept of Diabetes I did not realize about Caudal Regression syndrome ( given in FA Reproductive section) and I chose the wrong answers because my mind was thinking about NTD.
It makes me upset so much with many such questions and I stopped doing questions until I will start integrating very well.
That is why I don't like Kaplan Videos anymore because in those videos they only talk about one system or subject with least integration especially with pathology and Physiology.
That is why I don't know Where we can Learn this all.

8/28/2018 3:53:42 PM
I highly recommend adding to your study plan Osmosis.org its a really good study tool. It incorporates different studying stools. Has been very helpful for me. I haven't taken Step 1 yet (currently preparing) I have friends who have already passed and had used this study tool. Good luck!

8/30/2018 11:34:26 AM
qhwd802819 wrote:
I highly recommend adding to your study plan Osmosis.org its a really good study tool. It incorporates different studying stools. Has been very helpful for me. I haven't taken Step 1 yet (currently preparing) I have friends who have already passed and had used this study tool. Good luck!

I did for about 20 days but it didnt work for me.

9/2/2018 10:22:16 PM
pdit387956 wrote:
I did B&B
But I am having problems with connecting dots while doing U World questions and in one of the Nbme and improving my performance.
I don't understand what exactly is my mistake that I am unable to integrate everything.

Do UW Q bank in parallel with the theory as you finish certain topic from some videos or lectures. There is an online course offered by Dr Mohammed check it out. What I did was, I was doing questions from UW Q bank and USMLE Rx after every organ system finishes after lectures. No doubt the standard of USMLE Rx questions is no where close to UW Q bank but more the questions to practice the better.
The only way understanding concepts and integration possible is by ATP strategy. The way ATP is necessary in the form of energy to survive similarly ATP for surviving in this exam race.
Active Testing Passive
ACTIVE study by finishing daily tasks of reading and revision, TESTING study by doing questions and PASSIVE study like a tutor as I mentioned or if you watch some videos.
Once you follow this ATP process you will start noticing improvement in your scores and having potential to integrate.
Don't try too many things as you are going no where by doing extra.
Good Luck

9/4/2018 7:58:01 AM
padh373290 wrote:
pdit387956 wrote:
I did B&B

Do UW Q bank in parallel with the theory as you finish certain topic from some videos or lectures. There is an online course offered by Dr Mohammed check it out. What I did was, I was doing questions from UW Q bank and USMLE Rx after every organ system finishes after lectures. No doubt the standard of USMLE Rx questions is no where close to UW Q bank but more the questions to practice the better.
The only way understanding concepts and integration possible is by ATP strategy. The way ATP is necessary in the form of energy to survive similarly ATP for surviving in this exam race.
Active Testing Passive
ACTIVE study by finishing daily tasks of reading and revision, TESTING study by doing questions and PASSIVE study like a tutor as I mentioned or if you watch some videos.
Once you follow this ATP process you will start noticing improvement in your scores and having potential to integrate.
Good Luck

That looks undoubtedly promising. Does that tutor helps in making schedule or time line for Nbme and exam ?

11/5/2018 1:09:19 AM
pdit387956 wrote:
padh373290 wrote:
pdit387956 wrote:
I did B&B

Active Testing Passive
Good Luck

That looks undoubtedly promising. Does that tutor helps in making schedule or time line for Nbme and exam ?

He helped me and our group. So, on that note I can say yes he does. There was a free 2 hours personalized one on one session for study plan and NBME performance monitoring and instructions to improve scores before exam. Its better that you can ask him directly and clear your doubts.

11/6/2018 3:57:46 PM
padh373290 wrote:
pdit387956 wrote:
padh373290 wrote:
pdit387956 wrote:
I did B&B

Active Testing Passive
Good Luck

He helped me and our group. So, on that note I can say yes he does. There was a free 2 hours personalized one on one session for study plan and NBME performance monitoring and instructions to improve scores before exam. Its better that you can ask him directly and clear your doubts.

Ok Thank you very much.

11/6/2018 7:59:27 PM
Have you done Pathoma to help with your pathology. Also scoring 40-60 percent on UWORLD is very normal and don't take it as a testing tool but a learning tool. Go over all your questions on uworld and determine why it was wrong or right. This should take you several hours after your done with a block of questions. Add those additional notes to First aid and make a UWORLD journal. Medschool tutors forums help a lot with all this and don't worry you dont have to pay for the tutoring before its super expensive read the forums

11/9/2018 3:12:00 AM
woe8fj_93571 wrote:
Have you done Pathoma to help with your pathology. Also scoring 40-60 percent on UWORLD is very normal and don't take it as a testing tool but a learning tool. Go over all your questions on uworld and determine why it was wrong or right. This should take you several hours after your done with a block of questions. Add those additional notes to First aid and make a UWORLD journal. Medschool tutors forums help a lot with all this and don't worry you dont have to pay for the tutoring before its super expensive read the forums

I started an online Skype course with a tutor Dr Mohammed Taher on recommendation of my SP. My tutor is covering FA, Pathoma, certain topics from BRS by integrating and I am liking it so far. I think every USMLE student should listen to his integrated lectures.
I am surprised to notice how is it possible that he remembers everything in and out from UWFAP without seeing. Is there anyway we can also remember that way ? His classes are helping me but I also want to remember everything on tip of my tongue without looking. Is that possible ? anybody has any suggestions ?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK