International RN graduate, passed at 1st attempt!

11/15/2018 7:50:28 PM
I am still in awe! I'm an international student who has been out of school for 7 years. And I found out last November 8, 2018 that I passed on my first try. I'm forever thankful to our Lord Almighty. (all things are possible with HIM).

I took my NCLEX RN exam last November 7, 2018, I was anxious during the start of the exam but later on calmed myself as the format of Uworld is the same as the real NCLEX. I finished 2 hours later and when my computer shut off at 87, I began feeling anxious again. It was crazy and for me, it went fast. About 85% of my entire exam were SATAs, few pharm, drag and drops, some priorities, hot spot questions and leadership and management. The exam was really difficult.

I would like to share to everyone my study materials:-

1. Hurst (online) & their Hurst booklet- it is expensive but I has helped me a lot. It is a very good reviewer for content, I didn't got to finish the resource documents but I did the entire book with the online topics twice. The lecturers are amazing, engaging and they teach you straight to the point. It is very important to know your core content especially with answering SATAs.

2. NCSBN 5 weeks- I would recommend to just do the qbank (it depends on your preference). For me, the information was just too overwhelming. I didn't got to finish the entire 5 weeks course since my husband and I moved into another house due to the city's project.

3. Lab values, pharmacology- please do not beat up yourself if you don't know all the 44,000 meds as what Aunt Marlene (from Hurst) shared. Try at least to familiarize yourself with the common ones (their common uses, side effects, adverse effects and nursing interventions.)

4. 35 pages reviewer- I spent 2 days (6-8 hours) to review this. To the person who posted it, thank you! ^_^

5. La Charity- I only got to finish up to 3 chapters --- this is very helpful. I am still going to review this one even though I'm already done with the exam.

6. Uworld- I would recommend using this days prior your exam. I subscribed it for 30 days and renewed it for 7 days.I would usually do 25- 75 questions per day during my days off. I would suggest not to rely on the percentile of passing instead go over the questions whether they are correct or incorrect and understand the rationale(s).

&. Youtube videos: RegisteredNurseRN,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8fVK0he4wc,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox4oG_qoYPo,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ied6nB3bS6I.

Above all everyone, PRAYERS --- The Lord will bless you more than you deserve when you trust, believe His will, and surrender everything to Him.

During the entire 4 months, I studied at least 6-8 hours per day, worked as a part timer, moved into another house due to the city's project (which took up 15 days of my 4 months time frame) and struggled with personal circumstances such as my grandma, uncle passing away and my dad got into MVA. If I was able to do it, YOU CAN DO IT! Never lose hope! I hope my story inspires others.

11/16/2018 4:38:28 AM
Could you send me the 35 page study guide? [email protected]
I'm 4 weeks away from graduating and taking boards and I'm discouraged!

11/17/2018 8:49:03 PM
hacy118766 wrote:
Hi your story inspired me. thank you
can you please send me the 35 pages to study. I already subscribed on youtube to the videos you posted.
thank you

11/17/2018 8:49:17 PM
hacy118766 wrote:
can you please send me the 35 pages to study. I already subscribed on youtube to the videos you posted.
thank you

11/19/2018 12:14:39 PM
jfev244073 wrote:
hacy118766 wrote:
thank you

You will do great! Good luck and God bless. For everyone, this is the link for the 35 pages reviewer: https://allnurses.com/nclex-discussion-forum/35-page-review-822063.html

11/19/2018 12:18:20 PM
hacy118766 wrote:

Keep focused but don't let NCLEX take over your life. I'm sure, you'll do great! Good luck and God bless. For everyone, this is the link for the 35 pages reviewer: https://allnurses.com/nclex-discussion-forum/35-page-review-822063.html

12/10/2018 9:32:30 PM
yind774708 wrote:
I am still in awe! I'm an international student who has been out of school for 7 years. And I found out last November 8, 2018 that I passed on my first try. I'm forever thankful to our Lord Almighty. (all things are possible with HIM).

I took my NCLEX RN exam last November 7, 2018, I was anxious during the start of the exam but later on calmed myself as the format of Uworld is the same as the real NCLEX. I finished 2 hours later and when my computer shut off at 87, I began feeling anxious again. It was crazy and for me, it went fast. About 85% of my entire exam were SATAs, few pharm, drag and drops, some priorities, hot spot questions and leadership and management. The exam was really difficult.

hi can you share the 35 pages thank you
[email protected]
taking the NCLEX soon

1. Hurst (online) & their Hurst booklet- it is expensive but I has helped me a lot. It is a very good reviewer for content, I didn't got to finish the resource documents but I did the entire book with the online topics twice. The lecturers are amazing, engaging and they teach you straight to the point. It is very important to know your core content especially with answering SATAs.

2. NCSBN 5 weeks- I would recommend to just do the qbank (it depends on your preference). For me, the information was just too overwhelming. I didn't got to finish the entire 5 weeks course since my husband and I moved into another house due to the city's project.

3. Lab values, pharmacology- please do not beat up yourself if you don't know all the 44,000 meds as what Aunt Marlene (from Hurst) shared. Try at least to familiarize yourself with the common ones (their common uses, side effects, adverse effects and nursing interventions.)

4. 35 pages reviewer- I spent 2 days (6-8 hours) to review this. To the person who posted it, thank you! ^_^

5. La Charity- I only got to finish up to 3 chapters --- this is very helpful. I am still going to review this one even though I'm already done with the exam.

6. Uworld- I would recommend using this days prior your exam. I subscribed it for 30 days and renewed it for 7 days.I would usually do 25- 75 questions per day during my days off. I would suggest not to rely on the percentile of passing instead go over the questions whether they are correct or incorrect and understand the rationale(s).

Above all everyone, PRAYERS --- The Lord will bless you more than you deserve when you trust, believe His will, and surrender everything to Him.

During the entire 4 months, I studied at least 6-8 hours per day, worked as a part timer, moved into another house due to the city's project (which took up 15 days of my 4 months time frame) and struggled with personal circumstances such as my grandma, uncle passing away and my dad got into MVA. If I was able to do it, YOU CAN DO IT! Never lose hope! I hope my story inspires others.

12/12/2018 11:53:40 PM
yind774708 wrote:

Congrats on passing and thanks for sharing can you please send me the 35 page review please to [email protected], I greatly appreciate it😗

12/14/2018 4:35:01 PM
yind774708 wrote:

[email protected] would you please send me the 35 page study guide?

12/15/2018 3:14:12 AM
Congratulations! Cna you send me the 35 page reviewer? [email protected]. Thanks.

12/19/2018 6:40:51 PM
Congrats on passing and thanks for sharing can you please send me the 35 page review please to [email protected]

12/19/2018 6:43:27 PM
yind774708 wrote:

12/19/2018 6:45:01 PM
yind774708 wrote:

I DID YOU WORK AS A NURSE IN YOUR COUNTRY AND YOU NEW SOME PROCEDURES OR YOU HAVENT WORK AS A NURSE SINCE YOU GRADUATED?

THANK YOU
ALSO DID YOU FEEL YOU DID KKNOW NOTHING WHEN YOU STARTED TO STUDY?

12/28/2018 5:19:27 PM
yind774708 wrote:

Congratulations on your blessing! Please help me in achieving my dream, can you send me the 35 pages review in my email [email protected]! and Godbless

1/6/2019 4:53:24 PM
Congratulations!!!!

I graduated internationally in 2012. I failed for the first time and want to do anything I can to pass it from the second. Please send me everything that you have. Especially, 35 pages reviewer. [email protected]

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,

Oksana

1/9/2019 12:48:27 AM
I am inspired by your story! I take my exam on the 16th and im so nervous, I have been in the 60 percentile on UWORLD and it makes me nervous, could you please send me the 35 page reviewer? Thank you!!!

1/12/2019 12:53:00 AM
Congratulations! What state board did you take? I’m foreigner nurse too but since I passed 4 years time frame for Texas, I’m not eligible to test in Texas. I graduated in 2002 in another country and moved to US in 2008. I’m trying to find the state which does not have limitation time from the time I graduated to the test time. Thank you so much
Rosa

1/12/2019 11:22:07 PM
Latoyia13738707 wrote:
yind774708 wrote:

Congrats on passing and thanks for sharing can you please send me the 35 page review please to [email protected], I greatly appreciate it😗

1/16/2019 5:21:45 AM
Congrats on passing! Would you mind sending the 35 page study guide to [email protected]? Thanks so much!!

1/22/2019 8:49:57 PM
yind774708 wrote:

1/22/2019 8:52:09 PM
Congratulations! I would like to have a copy of the 35 page reviewer please.Pls send it to [email protected]
Thank you somuch!
yind774708 wrote:

1/24/2019 10:35:10 AM
yind774708 wrote:

Congrats! I'm trying to get a hold of the 35 page review. Could someone email it to me please [email protected]

1/27/2019 3:38:31 PM
yind774708 wrote:

hi! I cant open th elink for the 35 pages study guide can you send it to me through email.. thank u soo much
[email protected]

3/29/2019 1:19:07 PM
Hello! You are so inspiring! Would you please share the 35 page review as well with me? [email protected]
Thanks and congrats again!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK