Useful Tips to score > 250

11/16/2018 9:28:23 AM
Sharing is Caring
If you scored above 245 in your Step 1 exam, 250-260 or above in nbme then, Please share your study plan. Your few minutes can save future of many students struggling to achieve in a competitive residency match.
Jason

11/17/2018 2:12:21 AM
I second this ^__^ please do share, thank you

11/27/2018 8:00:08 PM
peoc571838 wrote:
Sharing is Caring
If you scored above 245 in your Step 1 exam, 250-260 or above in nbme then, Please share your study plan. Your few minutes can save future of many students struggling to achieve in a competitive residency match.
Jason

I will share few mistakes and tips for Step 1 that I committed. I regret until now even though I got pre match and got 9 IVs.
Step 1 score: 256
My preparation was not completely right in the beginning. I wasted 2 years preparing for Step 1 exam. I joined Kaplan Live lectures center prep for 10 months and after almost a year I noticed that it was nothing different than the videos available for step 1. I felt I didn't gain much at the end. I don't mean to say that Kaplan videos are not worth it but the duration that was taken for preparation was too long which slowed me down and most of the information in Step 1 is dry which fades off easily. Not like 2CK. I finished with my 2CK in 5 months with 252.
I am a 2009 graduate and because of that I was always worried to finish the exam soon when I started in 2014. But because of certain mistakes I have to face the consequences.
After finishing with Step 1 I joined Masters program because I was not finished with my 2CK in September 2016.
I finished with 2CK and started with masters program and Clinical Rotations thrice a week but unfortunately I failed my 2CS because of slow typing. So, to strengthen my CV I had to join research programs and do more Clinical Rotations and Pass 2CS.
Another mistake was not starting U World early after my first read.
My physiology was weak I definitely recommend BRS if its the same for you it helped me for Step 1 and 2CK both.
High Yield Anatomy is another book to go for, I did that for few sections which I was weaker at.
I joined Dr Taher's online Skype course. I am not sure whether he is still teaching but his semi regular and rapid review course that I joined in March 2016 was definitely a right choice and I highly recommend his classes with USMLE Rx videos revision.
Another mistake is not testing myself with Nbme as soon as I finished U World. Its important to test yourself on a regularly every 3 weeks once you complete question bank.
My advice is to not to take too much time for Step 1. This may affect your residency match chances.
Best of Luck to you all.

11/28/2018 4:07:09 PM
dr_abbas wrote:
peoc571838 wrote:
Sharing is Caring
Jason

I will share few mistakes and tips for Step 1 that I committed. I regret until now even though I got pre match and got 9 IVs.
My preparation was not completely right in the beginning. I wasted 2 years preparing for Step 1 exam. I joined Kaplan Live lectures center prep for 10 months and after almost a year I noticed that it was nothing different than the videos available for step 1. I felt I didn't gain much at the end. I don't mean to say that Kaplan videos are not worth it but the duration that was taken for preparation was too long which slowed me down and most of the information in Step 1 is dry which fades off easily. Not like 2CK. I finished with my 2CK in 5 months with 252.
I am a 2009 graduate and because of that I was always worried to finish the exam soon when I started in 2014. But because of certain mistakes I have to face the consequences.
After finishing with Step 1 I joined Masters program because I was not finished with my 2CK in September 2016.
I finished with 2CK and started with masters program and Clinical Rotations thrice a week but unfortunately I failed my 2CS because of slow typing. So, to strengthen my CV I had to join research programs and do more Clinical Rotations and Pass 2CS.
My physiology was weak I definitely recommend BRS if its the same for you it helped me for Step 1 and 2CK both.
High Yield Anatomy is another book to go for, I did that for few sections which I was weaker at.
I joined Dr Taher's online Skype course. I am not sure whether he is still teaching but his semi regular and rapid review course that I joined in March 2016 was definitely a right choice and I highly recommend his classes with USMLE Rx videos revision.
Another mistake is not testing myself with Nbme as soon as I finished U World. Its important to test yourself on a regularly every 3 weeks once you complete question bank.
My advice is to not to take too much time for Step 1. This may affect your residency match chances.
Best of Luck to you all.

Thanks for sharing
I just now saw what you posted 2 years ago about your score. It must be a long journey for you. Its thought provoking.
I am preparing for past 5 months and I will take this exam next year in August. Am I taking too much time ?
Hope your Interviews and matching goes well.
Any contact number you have for Dr Taher ?
Any suggestions with time table if you can mail at [email protected], this would be of great help.
Jason

11/29/2018 3:00:54 AM
dr_abbas wrote:
peoc571838 wrote:
Sharing is Caring
Jason

Best of Luck to you all.

This is great to know. Thanks for sharing.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK