Study schedule

12/15/2018 9:36:38 PM
I am a current junior and have already taken the SAT two times and plan to take my third next year April.
I have a cumulative score 1340 for the last two tests, which I took in May and August. (650/640 R&W 680/690 Math)

I want to improve my score to at least a 1450 and I have been starting to study 1 or 2 hours every morning before school started starting this week.

In addition to the regular SAT, I need to take Math Level 2 and Biology M, which I have studied a little, maintain a 4.0 GPA, and fulfill other school related assessments including one AP exam.

For the weekends, I am dedicated to studying at least 1-2 hours per day and as for weekdays almost anytime I get during my free periods and after school, but I am anxious that I will get the score that I want to achieve.

Is there any recommended study schedule? or should I maintain this progress until I take the actual SAT?

1/17/2019 9:48:30 PM
I'm also a junior with a 4.0 GPA and I got a 1390 on my SAT. I'm aiming for a 1500 myself. So what recommend and what I am doing right now is to study 30 min to an hour a day after school before starting any HW so i can get practice out of the way. I do like that you are practicing before school. It really depends on you tbh. I would talk the SAT March and focus on one subject to improve to get a better superscore (if i get a 770 reading Ill achieve my 1500). If you dont do so well March take it again maybe in June, August, October or November...You have a lot of time. However, definitely take the subject tests June, since the information will be fresh in your head. Aim for a 750 for higher for ivy league material. Good Luck Studying!

1/30/2019 8:17:39 AM
Hey there,

I made a promise to myself to finish a passage (reading or writing) every evening and a set consequence if I fail to follow through.

Here is my promise:

I will finish a passage (reading or writing) and 10 math problems every night before I am done with homework. If I fail to follow through, I don't get to use my snapchat or Instagram that evening. I also spend 1.5 hours studying (from College Pand and Erica Meltzer) every Saturday and Sunday.

1/30/2019 10:27:50 PM
I'm too a junior studying for the SAT. I took it in December 2017 and I got a 1500, but I've been studying for over a year to try to get a 1600.
I wake up every day at 5-6 and do 3 reading passages and 2 writing passages, doing more on weekends. I hope everyone sticks to their study schedules!

5/30/2019 7:35:34 PM
I am also a junior with a 4.58 Gpa, i have taken the SAT twice now, and the ACT once. The first time I took the SAT, i bombed the math, as the prep course I was in really wasn't helpful. For the March Sat i would study for hours on the weekends, basically 7 to 8 hours on Khan Academy, and once I finished almost all their material, i moved on to UWorld. I would do about one math topic once, then do all the questions I got wrong again and again till i got them all/most correct. I would do this every night. With this, as well as writing every question and how to solve the questions I would get wrong down in a notebook, I significantly improved my math score. But, I focused on only math, and my English score only went up 10 points to a 710. My goal is at least a 1400, because I am not good at standardized tests like the SAT. I currently have a 1300 as my top score, and this may be my last attempt on taking the SAT. Good luck to all! I highly suggest you use my methods, because although I do not have a very high score, they truly do work, and help you study and retain the knowledge quickly and efficiently.

4/4/2020 1:44:31 PM
What i do is that i set times, and in those times i try to get as much done and learn as much possible. I try to turn off my phone and try to place it far from me and i only check for 2 minutes every hour. That helps he focus and there is no distraction.

4/4/2020 2:04:04 PM
Who thinks that studding longer and take each question and examine it, or do more questions and just skim and scam them?

7/23/2020 10:06:13 PM
dxdg931183 wrote:
Who thinks that studding longer and take each question and examine it, or do more questions and just skim and scam them?

Unless you review your mistakes, you'll just be practicing how to do questions wrong, which isn't a good skill to practice. How much time you should spend on your wrong questions depends on how often you get questions wrong.
Here's one quick way to review: every time you get an answer wrong, remember your train of thought when you were answering, then read the explanation and see specifically where you diverged from the correct path. Then, immediately apply what you learned to a similar problem.

12/14/2020 6:52:57 PM
My best study tips:

Reading:
- find a strategy for each type of passage that is best for you
- do even just 1 or 2 passages on UWorld every day so you always remember what SAT-level questions feel like
- search for each answer in the text
- for paired passages, figure out if you would rather read both passages then all questions, or do each passage's questions separately

Writing:
- relearn grammar rules!
- read the full passage, don't just skip to questions
- always keep in mind the main idea of writing passages as well. this will help with transitions and introductory/concluding sentence questions

Math:
- after you solve a question, briefly reread it to make sure you didn't miss anything
- try to memorize most of the formulas on the reference sheet
- if you forgot a technique to solve a certain type of question, make sure you relearn it afterwards
- when checking your work, don't look at what answer you already put. if you made a silly mistake, this would just let you make it again

Overall:
- be consistent, dedicating a certain amount of time each day to doing practice questions, either from UWorld or official practice tests
- make sure you fully understand any mistakes you made
- definitely take the practice tests released by Collegeboard
- be confident!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK