Reapply for Step 1 or risk failing??

2/10/2019 9:48:21 PM
Hi everyone! I need some help.... I am an IMG...

My exam is in 6 weeks and my progress is not good.
I don't want to give the exam in end of March, and March is part of my extended eligibility period. So I have no chance to extend again.
Should I give it in March or reapply and take it later this year like summer?
If I reapply and then sit for my exam later and score a relatively decent score, is that better than getting a poorer score in 6 weeks?
What I mean is, I think they will count the times we applied for the exam regardless of giving the exam or not. So in that sense should I give it 6 weeks later or reapply? Will not sitting for Step 1 once look bad on a residency application? Because I know failing it will definitely look horrible.
I know I sound stupid and redundant here but I really feel hopeless. I feel terrible.
I know there will be fees but, I am not sure about all the paperwork again.
Please let me know. I would very much appreciate any replies. Thank you.

2/11/2019 6:41:32 PM
they only count the times u actually took the exam..not how many times u applied. if u are not getting a good score better to postpone and take it at a later date

3/8/2019 2:35:28 AM
Not taking the exam doesnt count. Cancel your appointment and lose the money. Totally worth it. Passing first attempt is more important, getting high score even better. Good luck.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK