Psychology- IQ and Intelligence *Spoiler*

5/29/2019 1:42:31 AM
Left a spoiler warning since I am asking about a specific question and it's answer.

I ran into this question about the Corsi block-tapping task where it asked if something wasn't accounted for after controlling for age etc. One of the things that were controlled for was premorbid IQ. The answer says that "premorbid IQ, which often predicts cognitive functioning. Different types of intelligence are correlated, so intelligence must be controlled for in the experiment." Does this mean that the IQ test can generally measure the correlation between types of intelligence (the answer choice for the above explanation)?

5/29/2019 5:19:27 AM
ausp810731 wrote:
Left a spoiler warning since I am asking about a specific question and it's answer.

I ran into this question about the Corsi block-tapping task where it asked if something wasn't accounted for after controlling for age etc. One of the things that were controlled for was premorbid IQ. The answer says that "premorbid IQ, which often predicts cognitive functioning. Different types of intelligence are correlated, so intelligence must be controlled for in the experiment." Does this mean that the IQ test can generally measure the correlation between types of intelligence (the answer choice for the above explanation)?

I got this question wrong as well. I think everything that was accounted for was in the question stem which includes premorbid IQ. I also read into it too much. It basically meant that different IQs were accounted for. I hope that helps. I think the tip is to not read into it too much sometimes and the answer can just be in the question stem without any background knowledge.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK