Attribute NCLEX Success to UWorld!!

8/9/2019 10:26:38 PM
Aloha all,

Let me just start off with saying that UWorld is so awesome!! Here is the study plan that helped me pass the NCLEX on the first try in 75 questions
My college required us to purchase the Kaplan Integrated Testing Course and if you can afford it, I would recommend purchasing some Kaplan package in addition to UWorld as Kaplan is good for basic content review and helped me in remembering pharm/concepts in the visual forms (my favorite was the video channel or live channels where you could ask instructors questions or have them teach you various concepts). I used a little of my Qbank (under 1000 for Kaplan) but did do all the Test Trainers (there are 7) and the secured predictor and readiness exam as well since it was required by my program. I also bought the Saunders NCLEX review for more content review. For my study plan, I reviewed general content for about 3 weeks to a month (with some question practice mixed in) and then generally did intensive question practice for the next month until my NCLEX. Studied about 4-7 hours a day give or take depending on other activities planned.
After graduating I decided to purchase UWorld as my mom said there were phenomenal reviews. And was she right! UWorld was AMAZING. UWorld is great because they teach you through the rationales of questions and not only are their practice questions more challenging but the rationales taught me more of the content through diagrams or charts. I received a ton of alternative item questions in my practice with UWorld and felt as though this really helped me prepare for test day. The screen looked exactly the same for me on my real NCLEX and I just felt like it was another UWorld practice test. Bought the 2-month package and used about 90% of the UWorld qbank (had about 130 remaining). On the predictor I got around 63% correct and had a very high chance of passing and took this test a week before my actual NCLEX.

As for my actual NCLEX, it really was pretty similar to UWorld. I was able to generally gauge my progress during the exam and got around 23 select all that apply questions in my 75 with a couple of exhibits and no math. With all the practice, I didn't feel as though the NCLEX was as traumatizing as all the nurses on my senior practicum unit made it out to be lol. If you practice a lot and study every day for a good amount of time you should be fine! There were definitely times when I felt as though my scores were declining (about my week before my exam) and I totally freaked out. However, it's important to remember that you'll never know everything and it's the level of critical thinking you need to achieve to pass the exam! The morning of my NCLEX I woke up late, ate a good brunch, and had my coffee early before the exam (low key recommend just skipping coffee altogether I was so tachycardic going into my exam and had palpitations haha). Used the noise canceling headphones which were great and wrote down each select all that apply question on my white board using the Kaplan technique which was helpful to ensure I didn't answer the question opposite of what it was asking. Was super nervous going into it but forced myself to calm and took deep breaths throughout the test. The computer shut off at 75 and also did the PearsonVUE trick twice (got the good popup) but paid for the quick results 48 hrs after. Best $7.95 spent of my life to relieve my anxiety!!

To my knowledge all of my classmates that bought UWorld passed in 75 questions so I highly recommend! It really was phenomenal and I feel as though it helped me so much to succeed on the NCLEX. If you're feeling down or unmotivated, remember that you can do it!! I personally felt as though my NCLEX was easier than UWorld and the writing style on my real exam was less tricky than the UWorld questions. Best of luck studying future nurses- you're almost there!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK