My step 2 CK experience

3/1/2020 12:15:51 PM
Hi guys. Hope you are doing well.

I took my step 2 CK exam 5 days ago. It was the most difficult exam ever. The questions were so long, weird and confusing. I marked at least 15 questions per block. I ran out of time. There are 2 blocks where i missed 3-4 questions and answered them blindly. There were 5 easy questions I answered wrongly!
I got about 10-15 questions in biostat

I was aiming for 260+. I am not quite sure about my performance in the real exam. I will just keep hoping and praying.

-I studied Medicine and Obgyn from OME
-I did all uworld questions and i red the explanations carefully. My first pass was 73%. I went through wrong questions only.

-My self assessment tests in order:
NBME 8: 232 (30 days before the exam)
UWSA 2: 242 (20 days before the exam)
NBME 7: 245 (10 days before the exam)
UWSA 1: 261 (2 days before the exam)

Anyone took the test and felt the same?

Wish you all the best...
edited by on 3/1/2020

3/5/2020 4:15:54 PM
Kmhmk wrote:

I took my step 2 CK exam 5 days ago. It was the most difficult exam ever. The questions were so long, weird and confusing. I marked at least 15 questions per block. I ran out of time. There are 2 blocks where i missed 3-4 questions and answered them blindly. There were 5 easy questions I answered wrongly!

I was aiming for 260+. I am not quite sure about my performance in the real exam. I will just keep hoping and praying.

-I did all uworld questions and i red the explanations carefully. My first pass was 73%. I went through wrong questions only.

Wish you all the best...
edited by on 3/1/2020

You had good scores on your practice tests, I am very surprised you found it hard. What material did you use?

Do you have any suggestions after your experience?

What do you think about Doctors in training?

Good luck, I wish you the best!!

Alejandro

3/6/2020 10:07:39 PM
Thanks Alejandro.

Still waiting for the result.

The exam was strange. Many questions make you hesitant between 2-3 answers.

I did not use Doctor in training.

I recommend OME + UWORLD (gold standard) + Time management is crucial.
When you use UWORD try to read the entire explanation.

Psychiatry questions were difficult

Best of luck for your exam.

Khalid

3/8/2020 10:29:41 PM
Kmhmk wrote:

Wish you all the best...
edited by on 3/1/2020

This is exactly how I felt too, the exam was very confusing! I agree, so far it was the most difficult one. I had studied only UWORLD, did it twice and read the entire explanation to all questions. My score was 12 points lower than UWSA1.
After the exam I thought I failed, but my score wasn't too bad. You will either get an average of your scores( mine was an average) or most probably a score closer to your best on assessments, because I know people who got the same score as their UWSA.
The wait is brutal I know, wish you all the best!

3/8/2020 10:53:17 PM
rbqx932023 wrote:
Kmhmk wrote:

Wish you all the best...
edited by on 3/1/2020

This is exactly how I felt too, the exam was very confusing! I agree, so far it was the most difficult one. I had studied only UWORLD, did it twice and read the entire explanation to all questions. My score was 12 points lower than UWSA1.
After the exam I thought I failed, but my score wasn't too bad. You will either get an average of your scores( mine was an average) or most probably a score closer to your best on assessments, because I know people who got the same score as their UWSA.

Thank you!

This is very helpful.

Best wishes for your application and good luck!

Alejandro

3/12/2020 3:15:52 PM
rbqx932023 wrote:
Kmhmk wrote:

Thank you.
Wish you the same

Wish you all the best...
edited by on 3/1/2020

8/18/2020 12:10:35 AM
Can you update us about your score please?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK