Can i skip the test and reapply?

1/28/2011 11:19:08 AM
Hi.
Help me out guys!
Am lil confused.
My eligibility period (extended) for step1 ends this march 31st.
But my preparation is not really that good.
Am i allowed to cancel now and take the exam later, i mean after the eligibility period?
Whats the procedure?

1/28/2011 1:49:03 PM
i don't know if i got it right from your explanation, but here is what i know:

when you aplly for a certain exam(step 1, step 2 CK, etc) you have to choose a 3 months period when you have to take your exam; if in this period you are not ready to take the exam, you can extend the eligibility period for another 3 months which FOLLOWS the initial 3 months; in this 3 months period you have to give the exam(i think this is where you are right now); if you will be not ready for the exam by 31st of march and you already have extended the eligibility period, you have only 2 options:

1. take the exam by the end of march even though you are not fully prepared.
2. don't take the exam; in this case you will lose those 740$(or how much you payed for the step exam) and you will need to reaply for another 3 months eligibility period which means another exam fee;

bottom line: you don't wanna go to the exam by 31st of march, you lose those money(740$) and in order to take the exam you will have to pay again the fee examination.

1/28/2011 2:45:30 PM
Just not the fees.U may have to do all the paperwork again !!

1/28/2011 3:55:24 PM
are you sure about the paperwork??I dont think you need to do it again!

1/29/2011 1:25:49 AM
You don't have to do the paper work again....once u get an usmle id ur all documents are with them till 5 yrs(is it 5 yrs or 7 yrs i dont know),ya u may loose ur money,but its better to pay 740$ again,than to get a bad score & end up with no residency position at all.....this was just a suggestion.
Hope this was helpful...

1/29/2011 4:13:37 PM
hi there,
@SumathiVijayaRangan
I am in the same boat. my eligibility period also ends in 31st march and I can't extend it again. I am also thinking of cancelling. like shra59119195 said its better to repay rather than risk getting low score. hey shra59119195,
ru sure about the paper work? we don't have to submit all when reapplying.? coz its a big headache too.
@SumathiVijayaRangan pls feel free to write to me hope we can share and encourage each other. [email protected]

1/29/2011 5:18:13 PM
you don't need to do any paperwork again, just need to pay for the extention fee( eligibility period) next 3 consecutive months, i think it's only 50$.

1/29/2011 5:19:14 PM
oh i see, u extended already.

1/30/2011 12:31:53 AM
imle wrote:
hi there,
@SumathiVijayaRangan
I am in the same boat. my eligibility period also ends in 31st march and I can't extend it again. I am also thinking of cancelling. like shra59119195 said its better to repay rather than risk getting low score. hey shra59119195,
ru sure about the paper work? we don't have to submit all when reapplying.? coz its a big headache too.
@SumathiVijayaRangan pls feel free to write to me hope we can share and encourage each other. [email protected]

Hi imle,
I m pretty sure about the paper work coz one of my friend did the same.

1/30/2011 11:22:55 PM
Hi! Thanks all...
I have decided. I'll better pay and reapply, rather than gettin bad scores...
But paper work all over again!!!! feeling sick hearing about it!

1/30/2011 11:35:14 PM
Hi Sumathi,
My name is Shweta.I have mentioned in the previous post that one of my friends did the same.She was unable to give the exam even after extending her period,so she reapplied.But the second time when she was reapplying she didnt send any documents.But ofcourse this was 1 yr back,dont know about any recent changes.You can send an email to ecfmg & find out.
Good luck to you!!

1/31/2011 12:17:22 AM
am not sure abt the paperwork.But fees yeah.U gotta pay 740 plus intl surcharge(if IMG) again !!

2/14/2011 10:53:47 AM
I'm in the same boat. I dont feel ready for the step 1 in march. I don't care to pay another $740 but the paper work its a pain in the neck. Can anybody tell me If I have to do all the paper work agai? Thank you

2/14/2011 11:25:23 PM
I was in the same situation and re-paid the fee. You don't have to re-do the paperwork, only the online application.

7/11/2016 8:10:40 PM
Hi guys, similiar situation here because i'm not ready. Please tell me, if i miss my eligibility period and extended eligibility period, will it count as an attempt?

7/12/2016 11:26:49 AM
Hi,
No, it will not continue as an attempt, but if you want to take the exam again in the future, you will have to pay for it again because there is no reimbursement once you skip the exam date that registered for. I hope that answered your question!

All the best,

Ezinne

7/23/2016 10:27:13 AM
Yes that was a big help! Thanks!

3/13/2018 2:14:53 AM
stst46182140 wrote:
I was in the same situation and re-paid the fee. You don't have to re-do the paperwork, only the online application.

Hi! im in a similar position. Wanted to know when can i start my new apllication process? my (extended) eligibility ends on 3/31/2018. can i start a new application now or do i have to wait for my period to end and then apply?
Thanks

3/13/2018 2:16:43 AM
Hi! im in a similar position. Wanted to know when can i start my new application process? my (extended) eligibility ends on 3/31/2018. can i start a new application now or do i have to wait for my period to end and then apply?
Thanks

SumathiVijayaRangan wrote:
Hi! Thanks all...
I have decided. I'll better pay and reapply, rather than gettin bad scores...
But paper work all over again!!!! feeling sick hearing about it!

3/15/2018 5:55:05 AM
HI GUYS .. i am on the same boat. please do you know how long it would take to be able to do the online reapplication for a new eligibility period?? when the closest possible date that we allowed to take the test after skipping an already extended period?? for some one who have all the papers ready and valid (no need to contact the school).

note: regarding those who are asking about redoing the paper works :
1.for already graduated applicant(usually IMG) = no need to redo the paper works, there paper works will remain active and verified once accepted by ecfmg in the first time for 5 years.
2.for studnets : usually need to redo there paper works; need school contact to make sure that the student is still attending a medical school .

3/17/2018 3:28:48 AM
stst46182140 wrote:

HI PLEASE, I AM GOING TO SKIP AN ALREADY EXTENDED PERIOD THAT END IN MARCH 31. PLEASE , DO YOU KNOW FOR HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE I CAN REDO THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR A NEW ELIGIBILITY PERIOD ?CLOSEST DATE TO GET THE SCHEDULING PERMIT ? IS IT POSSIBLE TO SET A TEST ON MAY 1ST ? KNOWING THAT ALL MY PAPER WORKS ARE ACTIVE & VALID (NO NEED TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL).
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVACNE.
REGARDS..

11/25/2018 1:04:02 AM
ibai837320 wrote:
stst46182140 wrote:

HI PLEASE, I AM GOING TO SKIP AN ALREADY EXTENDED PERIOD THAT END IN MARCH 31. PLEASE , DO YOU KNOW FOR HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE I CAN REDO THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR A NEW ELIGIBILITY PERIOD ?CLOSEST DATE TO GET THE SCHEDULING PERMIT ? IS IT POSSIBLE TO SET A TEST ON MAY 1ST ? KNOWING THAT ALL MY PAPER WORKS ARE ACTIVE & VALID (NO NEED TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL).
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVACNE.
REGARDS..

Hi! Im in EXACTLY sam eposition, my extended period is ending next week but I need just 1 more motnh!!! really need to have it ready by January because I have CS on february!!! ..
SOS please post how long did it took u till u were able to reapply and how long to actually get the permit?!
Thanks!!

11/13/2022 7:26:18 AM
Any idea as to how I can cancel exam?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK