Using only UWorld as content and then AAMC?

3/24/2019 6:54:35 AM
I have a July MCAT coming up and have bought Kaplan (sucks, too much info!), EK( not bad, can understand but still cant get through all the books), Khan academy (love this! But so many videos to get through!) and now UWORLD. Is it smart to just use UWORLD for content and refer to my other resources if I don't understand something? I have been literally trying to figure out how to study since January. Please help! And if there are any success stories out there using this method or others, please share!

Thank you!

3/24/2019 11:18:57 AM
exrm923884 wrote:
I have a July MCAT coming up and have bought Kaplan (sucks, too much info!), EK( not bad, can understand but still cant get through all the books), Khan academy (love this! But so many videos to get through!) and now UWORLD. Is it smart to just use UWORLD for content and refer to my other resources if I don't understand something? I have been literally trying to figure out how to study since January. Please help! And if there are any success stories out there using this method or others, please share!

Thank you!

sHi there, we can talk about this, inbox me.

3/24/2019 2:38:11 PM
You're really gonna want to look on reddit/MCAT. Best resources.

3/24/2019 4:54:51 PM
Kaplan is not too much information...and you really don't want to use Uworld as your only 'content' because that's a waste. Uworld's purpose is to assess your knowledge of content. There is no secret or shortcut to learning content. Stick to either Kaplan or EK and supplement with Khan Academy. KA should be the easiest thing to get through, you can literally watch all the videos at 2x speed and passively absorb information. Set goals for yourself (ex. 1 chapter of Kaplan Biochem and ochem and 5 KA videos).

3/25/2019 7:42:03 AM
rdmd243196 wrote:
Kaplan is not too much information...and you really don't want to use Uworld as your only 'content' because that's a waste. Uworld's purpose is to assess your knowledge of content. There is no secret or shortcut to learning content. Stick to either Kaplan or EK and supplement with Khan Academy. KA should be the easiest thing to get through, you can literally watch all the videos at 2x speed and passively absorb information. Set goals for yourself (ex. 1 chapter of Kaplan Biochem and ochem and 5 KA videos).

Yeah tried doing KA at 1.5 thing is I like to take notes and really absorb the information. I like the fact that UWorld tests you and then if you don’t understand you can read their really brief explanations. Look I’m not shooting for a 520 or anything like that. My goal is a 508. That’s it. I am really competitive in other areas.

3/25/2019 7:43:17 AM
iduw223256 wrote:

Thank you!
Any specifics?

3/26/2019 10:36:32 PM
exrm923884 wrote:
iduw223256 wrote:

Thank you!
Any specifics?

I'd start with the subreddit wiki. It will pretty much get you going wherever you need to go. Tons of people asking the same questions.

3/31/2019 12:05:14 PM
exrm923884 wrote:
rdmd243196 wrote:

Yeah tried doing KA at 1.5 thing is I like to take notes and really absorb the information. I like the fact that UWorld tests you and then if you don’t understand you can read their really brief explanations. Look I’m not shooting for a 520 or anything like that. My goal is a 508. That’s it. I am really competitive in other areas.

3/31/2019 12:07:22 PM
Hey I am actually in the same boat as you. I am just trying to crack 500 and 508 would be amazing! I have already gone through the Altius prep course last year and now just reviewing my notes and starting to do UWorld and fill in the content gaps that way.

What have other people said about this method, is Uworld sufficient enough to get us over a 500?

Please let me know! Thanks

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK