Step 3 Materials

10/24/2012 9:00:52 AM
Hi all, I want to know what you all are using for step 3 study. thank you. Suggestions and things that have been known to work are welcome. I want to do step 3 at the end of January. Will that help me for the 2013 match? does anyone know please?

10/24/2012 1:06:49 PM
I am planning to give by mid of jan. Few of my friends who have given the exam recommended MTB3 and uworld and if time permits, then archers.
let me know if you are interested in sp via skype.

10/25/2012 1:15:51 AM
i have materials for review for step 3. pm me. tnx

10/29/2012 3:35:02 PM
NaSh88665013 wrote:
I am planning to give by mid of jan. Few of my friends who have given the exam recommended MTB3 and uworld and if time permits, then archers.
let me know if you are interested in sp via skype.

Yes. I am

11/2/2012 10:19:06 AM
drjane wrote:
Hi all, I want to know what you all are using for step 3 study. thank you. Suggestions and things that have been known to work are welcome. I want to do step 3 at the end of January. Will that help me for the 2013 match? does anyone know please?

I took it in April 2012 and I pass. Remember the new format.
I used, Kaplan notes(yellow ones) read them twice.
MTB read it three times.
Archer for the CCS cases one time. I used the version for $88.00 dollars in which I had the opportunity to reapeat the cases,(not live) as many times as I pleased.
Please, my main recommendation. DO PRETTY WELL IN THE CCS. Today, the USMLE is stressing
a lot of emphasis in the CCS, much different than in prior years.
Good luck!

11/2/2012 10:26:48 AM
drjane wrote:

I took it in April 2012 and I pass. Remember the new format.
I used, Kaplan notes(yellow ones) read them twice.
MTB read it three times.
Archer for the CCS cases one time. I used the version for $88.00 dollars in which I had the opportunity to reapeat the cases,(not live) as many times as I pleased.
Please, my main recommendation. DO PRETTY WELL IN THE CCS. Today, the USMLE is stressing
a lot of emphasis in the CCS, much different than in prior years.
Good luck!
The second question. Of course!! Step3 helps a lot during application for residency.
Just ask yourself this question? If I am a program director, and I have one applicant that has all Steps completed, I have the leverage to work with that resident during all the training years WITHOUT interruptions to take the Step 3 to formally be Chief Resident, now, in many places, a requirement.
Hope it helps in your decision.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK