kaplan step 2 ck lecture notes

11/24/2012 6:55:49 PM
Everyone says the kaplan notes are a must. Where you find them? Anyone finish with step 2ck willing to part with their copy? Please help.

11/26/2012 11:58:19 AM
I have a set still in the box. Make an offer.

1/21/2013 7:57:30 AM
AjSi33379809 wrote:
I have a set still in the box. Make an offer.

How much are you asking ?

1/21/2013 1:33:01 PM
Hi,
My personal experience is that Kaplan Lecture notes are unnecessary.
Kaplan Videos are pretty good if you don't have a solid foundation in clinical medicine/basic sciences.
If you score at or close to the mean on step1. I'd say do Kaplan Videos in a RUSH like nomore than 2weeks or so and liberally skip certain sections as you will and take some notes on certain topics of your weakness. These notes will be much more useful to you.
Then pick apart MTB and do UWorld (IF only IF you wish to over kill use StepUp to CK as backup reference because MTB doesn't go into too much detail sometimes and StepUp does).

MTB is a must. UWorld is a must. StepUp is a should. Kaplan Vids is Maybe. Kaplan notes is really I hate to say this but a should NOT

hope this helps as a different perspective. I'm a senior medical student and have been doing this/talking to students about this for a couple of years now ... there seems to be a general consensus among my colleagues about this.

plastics wrote:
Everyone says the kaplan notes are a must. Where you find them? Anyone finish with step 2ck willing to part with their copy? Please help.

1/26/2013 12:14:02 AM
In that case. Where do you get the videos. I have tried downloading from websites but this seems risky and they ask for your credit card/mailing address.

MEDI47802043 wrote:
Hi,
Kaplan Videos are pretty good if you don't have a solid foundation in clinical medicine/basic sciences.
If you score at or close to the mean on step1. I'd say do Kaplan Videos in a RUSH like nomore than 2weeks or so and liberally skip certain sections as you will and take some notes on certain topics of your weakness. These notes will be much more useful to you.
Then pick apart MTB and do UWorld (IF only IF you wish to over kill use StepUp to CK as backup reference because MTB doesn't go into too much detail sometimes and StepUp does).

MTB is a must. UWorld is a must. StepUp is a should. Kaplan Vids is Maybe. Kaplan notes is really I hate to say this but a should NOT

hope this helps as a different perspective. I'm a senior medical student and have been doing this/talking to students about this for a couple of years now ... there seems to be a general consensus among my colleagues about this.

plastics wrote:

1/31/2013 3:53:04 PM
@plastic
i dont think you should do without KLN.
what i noticed after reading exam experience of those that score very high is that 98% of them used KLN and videos.i think what kills most of us is looking for short cuts by jumping into MTB because its short.
if your target is >240,i think KLN is a must but if you want 200-230?skip it.
goodluck
plastics wrote:
In that case. Where do you get the videos. I have tried downloading from websites but this seems risky and they ask for your credit card/mailing address.

MEDI47802043 wrote:
Hi,

plastics wrote:

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK