got my score today..

1/22/2013 12:10:08 PM
i am an img got my score today 233/82,but i am a bit confused as the meanscore is 237 writen in my report .the performance bar is showing al subjects in higer score range and touchin a bit of borderline..my step1 score is 226/97...i wish to go for medicie residency...will it b possi as sore is blow mean in step2

1/22/2013 3:35:52 PM
you will be fine. you did excellent!
they are getting rid of the 2-digit score so don't worry. only the 3 digit score will be reported to your residency programs.
Congratz!

1/22/2013 4:44:27 PM
Hey Congrats that's a very good score.
Are you sure ALL the bars are above the borderline shaded line? It is possible that the ones that carried the most weight are a bit lower and a lot of the bars that are above the borderline area carried fewer questions.
I must admit my understanding always was that if your Bars were very short and they all fell within the shaded line in the middle, you would score at the mean or darn close to it. So if what you are saying about ALL bars being above and your 3digit score being below the mean is accurate, then this could very well mean that "Borderline Performance" actually means on the border of just barely passing ... which still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I hope someone has a good explanation for this. It is sort of important. I mean it's possible that your score is in fact higher than 233 and they made a mistake.
Regards, and congrats again. 233 is certainly nothing to thumb your nose at

chdh16453230 wrote:
i am an img got my score today 233/82,but i am a bit confused as the meanscore is 237 writen in my report .the performance bar is showing al subjects in higer score range and touchin a bit of borderline..my step1 score is 226/97...i wish to go for medicie residency...will it b possi as sore is blow mean in step2

1/23/2013 12:57:23 PM
really thanks ..
@pinomontalbano i got confused with the score being below the mean...

1/23/2013 12:58:59 PM
my bars r in range of borderline touching and higer performance accept 2 crossing borderline

1/24/2013 7:08:48 PM
it doesn't matter. no one is going to look at those bars. just be glad with the score you got and move on with your life.

do you have anymore tests to take? go concentrate on those and not your mean or average...the only thing your residency comitee will get is your 3 digit score.. stop over analyzing the situation lol.
enjoy your score.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK