step2ck applying process issue

6/7/2013 7:45:42 AM
I have given step 1 in july 2010 and I am applying for Step2CK for this October, but in my personal home page(IWA/Oasis ) there is no option of applying for step2 .Instead on IWA it gives the following options only

1.Submit an application for ECFMG certification
2.print/reprint form 187
3.oasis for viewing validity of form 186 There is no option for applying for step 2CK or even CS. My friend here logged in from his own account and it DOES show the option "apply for step1,ck,cs" in his personal page

on OASIS personal page the following options are there,:
1.application for ECFMG certification information
2.USMLE application information
3.score report information
5.financial account summary.
4.usmle transcripts
5.medical education credential and standard ECFMG certificate
here also there is no option for applying for step 2 or for that matter step 1 also!!
Kindly address this issue of mine plz guys..

6/7/2013 11:05:03 AM
You have to submit an application for ECFMG certification (and pay about 50 bucks). Then the options to apply for Step 2 CK and CS will appear on your IWA.
Hope this helps.

6/7/2013 11:12:36 AM
fkfk65639888 wrote:
You have to submit an application for ECFMG certification (and pay about 50 bucks). Then the options to apply for Step 2 CK and CS will appear on your IWA.
Hope this helps.

oh ok..but why do I need to pay this fees now.??I mean I am not applying for the certification as I have not completed my steps.?

6/7/2013 12:16:36 PM
it's the new rule as of late 2010 or early 2011. to apply for ANY step, you have to apply for certification. i think it's silly, too, but it's not like they will listen to me ;-)

6/7/2013 1:33:51 PM
fkfk65639888 wrote:
it's the new rule as of late 2010 or early 2011. to apply for ANY step, you have to apply for certification. i think it's silly, too, but it's not like they will listen to me ;-)

ok dude thank you very much for the help!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK