passed step 3 and usmle experience

7/27/2013 8:24:10 AM
I have been meaning to write about my experience for a while but never got around to doing it until now.I passed step 3 with a score of 216 last month, just prior to starting residency in Pediatrics. I studied for 5 months while working 40 hours a week commuting 3 hours a day for work. I used "Kaplan's white coat pocket guide for USMLE STEP 3" and did a lot of UWorld questions. The exam felt very difficult with very similar answers. The Ccs was much better;most cases finished 10 minutes. For the record, I practiced a lot with UWorlds ccs cases. I did the practice cases twice, read all the clock management and case explanations and made notes. Perhaps, this helped.

For usmle 2 Ck, I used DIT with step up to step 2 and secrets to usmle step 2. DIT was very helpful for letting me know what was high yield for the test. Secrets to step 2CK was the best book for me, however. Its very good for review with UWorld questions. I studied for 6 months while working 40 hours a week and commuting 4 hours a day.My score was 220.

For step 1, I used mainly first aid for step 1 and read kaplans notes in pathology and pharmacology. It took me 6 months and I got a score of 209. As usual, I worked 40 hours 5-6 days a week.

I am a 2008 grad, was an average student in med school, but I worked really hard and got into residency this year. It's been a long, hard road and I'm glad its over. I wish all of you the best in your journey into residency. You can do it.

8/2/2013 3:38:26 PM
Very interesting your history! thanks a lot !

8/14/2013 7:39:18 PM
Thank you for sharing your story. It is very interesting and encouraging.
With my sincere regards!
edited by NuAl61586512 on 8/14/2013

8/29/2013 12:52:10 AM
RUIB91989943 wrote:
I have been meaning to write about my experience for a while but never got around to doing it until now.I passed step 3 with a score of 216 last month, just prior to starting residency in Pediatrics. I studied for 5 months while working 40 hours a week commuting 3 hours a day for work. I used "Kaplan's white coat pocket guide for USMLE STEP 3" and did a lot of UWorld questions. The exam felt very difficult with very similar answers. The Ccs was much better;most cases finished 10 minutes. For the record, I practiced a lot with UWorlds ccs cases. I did the practice cases twice, read all the clock management and case explanations and made notes. Perhaps, this helped.

For usmle 2 Ck, I used DIT with step up to step 2 and secrets to usmle step 2. DIT was very helpful for letting me know what was high yield for the test. Secrets to step 2CK was the best book for me, however. Its very good for review with UWorld questions. I studied for 6 months while working 40 hours a week and commuting 4 hours a day.My score was 220.

For step 1, I used mainly first aid for step 1 and read kaplans notes in pathology and pharmacology. It took me 6 months and I got a score of 209. As usual, I worked 40 hours 5-6 days a week.

I am a 2008 grad, was an average student in med school, but I worked really hard and got into residency this year. It's been a long, hard road and I'm glad its over. I wish all of you the best in your journey into residency. You can do it.

thanks for posting this.....very encouraging to the other students/doctors. i too recently finished and i'm just glad its all over. wish u all the success and congrats on your residency....

9/8/2013 9:14:24 AM
I always had a doubt about working and studying at the same time.but after reading your post,I feel very encourage to do the same.i know it won't be easy,but with perseverance and sacrifices I know I will be able to do it. Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK