Need advice failed ck

9/14/2013 2:15:33 PM
I'm a IMG graduated in 2004, i have been studying for the boards on/off since 2005, after several attempts i passed step1, passed step2cs and i failed ck by 3 points this past december, after an almost 9m break i'm back studying for ck; last time I studied for about 9 months, I reviewed Kaplan videos did some notes on my own, I studied MTB and did UWORLD once; during the test i burned out half way thru, my eyes and mind got tired of focusing on the questions and i skimmed thru half of the exam trying not to run out of time, I know that I failed the test because I did not practice enough questions or real test situation, now that I'm starting to study again It feels like i'm starting over again, i'm unsure if I should go directly to questions or if I should go back to review kaplan and then start again with questions.

Has anybody had a similar experience or any advice

thanks

9/16/2013 9:19:58 PM
I understand the frustration you have over the failing the exam with a short margin. But that's not the end, with a little more hard work and motivation you can pass it with higher score. I am about to start the UWorld bank and planning to take the exam in December. Doesn't matter where you are, we can work up a plan to get the Qs done at least twice before the exam. With online meeting a few times during the week, can move forward with building more confident towards the exam day. Let me know. My email vin228bk at yahoo.

p.s. I am also an IMG.

9/25/2013 11:51:46 AM
Thanks yaya for your support and sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been looking into other ways to study either with a kaplan course or by myself; it sounds like you are in the final stage of your preparation, how long have you been studying for the test, full time/part time, I ask because I'm debating if I should return to work and study in the evening and weekends or resign and focus all my energy on the test.

10/6/2013 12:24:43 PM
Hi, just wanted to share that I decided to invest on a kaplan live lecture course in pasadena, I decided to resign from my job and go all in to tackle this test.

Wish me luck,

I will update with anything new

10/8/2013 1:35:49 PM
best of luck!

10/23/2013 10:44:10 PM
Hi I am in same boat got results today failed with 201 score, let me know if we can study or share some comments.I hope you come up to contact and understand with what mood i can be writing this.

10/23/2013 10:44:36 PM
RoCe90617260 wrote:
Thanks yaya for your support and sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been looking into other ways to study either with a kaplan course or by myself; it sounds like you are in the final stage of your preparation, how long have you been studying for the test, full time/part time, I ask because I'm debating if I should return to work and study in the evening and weekends or resign and focus all my energy on the test.

Hi I am in same boat got results today failed with 201 score, let me know if we can study or share some comments.I hope you come up to contact and understand with what mood i can be writing this.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK