Miracle possible? Advice needed

10/7/2013 6:17:08 AM
Dear All,

I am expecting my USMLE CK on Wednesday. I have not had a good night sleep for at least 3 months thinking about this. I failed CK last month after doing Kaplan twice, UWorld Thrice, doing well on the UWSE (225) and honestly finding the NBME pretty easy. I then took the exam and failed with a 190 (somehow). I was demoralized. I have no idea how I did that bad. I even submitted my test for a regrade and nothing changed. I felt that I knew the material well enough to sit for the exam 2 weeks later as I would do UWORLD one last time and wish for the best. That I did. However, this time around I felt like I knew nothing on that test. I felt like every difficult and vague question USMLE had in their question pool came on my exam. I was completely lost during the test and hopeless to say the very least. Time believe it or not wasn't that much of an issue as I was able to finish most blocks with roughly 8-10 min remaining so I could "review" questions. That didn't do much as I still didn't know the answers to most of the questions even when I had ample time to review them. It was the hardest exam I have ever sat for. If I failed last month after feeling somewhat comfortable after taking the test, I can only imagine how much worse it is going to be this time. All I hear is how people are getting 230s and I just don't understand why that wont happen to me. I may not be the smartest guy in the world but I do deserve to at least pass these tests especially after all the hard work I put into it. I studied for months and months while others study for a few weeks and do great. It is also a luck thing. Some people get decent questions and others get questions that they can more or less guess adequately on. I sincerely feel that I had neither.
Point: Does anyone know how I am feeling?/Has anyone passed after feeling as horrible as I do? I have exhausted all study materials and if I fail on Wednesday I will have nothing left to study! Not going to do UWORLD a 5th time and Kaplan a 3rd. I just pray to God that other people felt the same way I did during that exam and their is a curve. Although I deserve to get a high score, I simply want to pass. Please, if anyone can give me some hope that would be great. My test was full of questions that made no sense and had multiple things going on that I couldn't break down. Lots of questions about Shock for example yet not pressures were given (SVR, Pulse Pressure, etc). How is one to answer that question without that info???? ANyway, that was just an example of how my questions came. Please anyone give me some feedback.

10/7/2013 6:21:21 PM
anyone?

10/7/2013 9:37:42 PM
You can make it and you will make it by God's grace. Be positive and reject every contrary thought. I am looking forward to hearing good news from you.

10/8/2013 6:56:07 AM
Thanks for the kind words. for once I will sincerely not use my realistic way of thinking and wish for the best. maybe God is watching me this time unlike the first.

4/26/2014 7:33:36 PM
actually, if you felt uncomfortable, i think it's a good sign and shows that you were thinking at the level you needed to be in order to realize your weakness. if you thought the test was easy before, it was likely because you missed key information without even realizing it.

4/27/2014 9:42:06 PM
hey, thanks for sharing your experience with us!
I think people just talk about their success not their failures! Don't get upset or disappointed. It is not about lacking knowledge! some people are doing better in this kind of exams!
I think you need to focus on key words and how to deal with multiple choice questions!

4/28/2014 2:09:25 PM
wasteofmoneybutwhatevs wrote:
Dear All,

I am expecting my USMLE CK on Wednesday. I have not had a good night sleep for at least 3 months thinking about this. I failed CK last month after doing Kaplan twice, UWorld Thrice, doing well on the UWSE (225) and honestly finding the NBME pretty easy. I then took the exam and failed with a 190 (somehow). I was demoralized. I have no idea how I did that bad. I even submitted my test for a regrade and nothing changed. I felt that I knew the material well enough to sit for the exam 2 weeks later as I would do UWORLD one last time and wish for the best. That I did. However, this time around I felt like I knew nothing on that test. I felt like every difficult and vague question USMLE had in their question pool came on my exam. I was completely lost during the test and hopeless to say the very least. Time believe it or not wasn't that much of an issue as I was able to finish most blocks with roughly 8-10 min remaining so I could "review" questions. That didn't do much as I still didn't know the answers to most of the questions even when I had ample time to review them. It was the hardest exam I have ever sat for. If I failed last month after feeling somewhat comfortable after taking the test, I can only imagine how much worse it is going to be this time. All I hear is how people are getting 230s and I just don't understand why that wont happen to me. I may not be the smartest guy in the world but I do deserve to at least pass these tests especially after all the hard work I put into it. I studied for months and months while others study for a few weeks and do great. It is also a luck thing. Some people get decent questions and others get questions that they can more or less guess adequately on. I sincerely feel that I had neither.
Point: Does anyone know how I am feeling?/Has anyone passed after feeling as horrible as I do? I have exhausted all study materials and if I fail on Wednesday I will have nothing left to study! Not going to do UWORLD a 5th time and Kaplan a 3rd. I just pray to God that other people felt the same way I did during that exam and their is a curve. Although I deserve to get a high score, I simply want to pass. Please, if anyone can give me some hope that would be great. My test was full of questions that made no sense and had multiple things going on that I couldn't break down. Lots of questions about Shock for example yet not pressures were given (SVR, Pulse Pressure, etc). How is one to answer that question without that info???? ANyway, that was just an example of how my questions came. Please anyone give me some feedback.

Hi, what was your NBME score? all the best everybody feels like this before the results!

4/30/2014 4:21:58 PM
Whom ever you are .. YOU SAID WHAT EXACTLY I DID HAVE ONE MONTH AGO !
Every single word you wrote was actually describing my status ! Your sleep problems, your nervous status, your efforts at studying.. your hope to just pass even you believe that you deserve a high score ! everything had happened to me exactly..
I took my step 2 ck on March, I got my results to find out i failed the exam with a score of 164 ! My UWSA and NBMEs all showed that I deserve a score of more than 220 !
please contact me urgently.. I need you to share your experience .. please !
my email : [email protected]

5/12/2014 12:18:31 PM
If they made it easy, everyone would do it. It's horrible to fail though.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK