MTB 2 + MTB 3 + UWORLD

1/12/2014 11:03:29 PM
Hello everybody,

I plan to do the Step 2 CK in the end of April. This is my study plan. Do you think I need to do Kaplan Notes? It takes a lot of time for me to watch the lecture videos, then read the Kaplan notes and then do UWorld and note down everything in the MTB's.
I really need advice. Please help me. Thanks.

1/13/2014 10:08:55 AM
cytomegalovirus wrote:
Hello everybody,

I plan to do the Step 2 CK in the end of April. This is my study plan. Do you think I need to do Kaplan Notes? It takes a lot of time for me to watch the lecture videos, then read the Kaplan notes and then do UWorld and note down everything in the MTB's.
I really need advice. Please help me. Thanks.

I think it'll take a lot of time to do Kaplan & then do uw & mtb. I was planning on starting UW & doing mtb simultaneously & kaplan as & when I feel I need to refer. I am planning to give it in Mar-Apr.. Just got UW, Yet to begin.. Tell me what u think..

1/13/2014 1:28:09 PM
Thanks for the reply Usmle29. You are spot on. It takes a long time to review the study material like you have mentioned. That is why I had posted my query.
Problem is, I feel scared not doing Kaplan notes. I just finished Endo by doing MTB2 and UWorld Qbank and the Qbank has amazing info!
I am just going through Kaplan notes now and find some things that are new, but most of the stuff is covered in Qbank and MTB2. I guess doing Step 1 helps in this regard. I find my Step 1 FA to be very handy too.
Now, if I had 5-6 months to prepare, I would have done Kaplan thoroughly too. But due to the paucity of time, I think I will stick to MTB's and UWorld. If I am stuck somewhere, there is always Kaplan to review.
I am giving CK in the end of April. Let us see how it goes.
Happy reading.

1/13/2014 6:09:17 PM
cytomegalovirus wrote:
Thanks for the reply Usmle29. You are spot on. It takes a long time to review the study material like you have mentioned. That is why I had posted my query.
Problem is, I feel scared not doing Kaplan notes. I just finished Endo by doing MTB2 and UWorld Qbank and the Qbank has amazing info!
I am just going through Kaplan notes now and find some things that are new, but most of the stuff is covered in Qbank and MTB2. I guess doing Step 1 helps in this regard. I find my Step 1 FA to be very handy too.
Now, if I had 5-6 months to prepare, I would have done Kaplan thoroughly too. But due to the paucity of time, I think I will stick to MTB's and UWorld. If I am stuck somewhere, there is always Kaplan to review.
I am giving CK in the end of April. Let us see how it goes.
Happy reading.

That's great! How long did you take to finish Endo? Actually I need someone to help me keep track of how much I'm completing.. I just started my prep with cardiology. And I'm scared that I'm already running late. Do you think I can cover it on time?

1/14/2014 12:16:55 PM
@Usmle29 It took me 3 days to finish endo. I have just started, so the going is slow. Finished electrolytes, acid base last night. Starting Nephro now and hope to be done by tomorrow morning. MTB's and Uworld. Kaplan notes off and on.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK