5 months of study enough?

4/1/2014 2:16:09 PM
Hey,

I just started studying for the USMLE and am planning to take the exam end of August. Is this enough time to study for the exam? I see that people have studied for a year and am wondering if I'll be able to finish in a 5 months?!

I graduated a few years back. Is there anyone who took the exam in this time frame?Any advice?

I plan to do Pathoma, Kaplan- Pharm, Physio, Biochem, Behavioral science, Immunology and Anatomy, Microbiology made ridiculously simple and First aid. I was planning to just do 100 questions from Qbank everyday. Is there anything that I am doing wrong or anything else I should do?

Thanks

4/7/2014 11:28:46 AM
Really, you should take at least 6 months. However it depends on what kind of student you are, whether you learn fast or take repeated reviews to get something to sink in.

Uworld is a great resource to see where you stand and your average score is a good indicator of what concepts you are strong in and how far you have yet to go.

My advice: Take an NBME half way through your study period (2.5 mths), see how you fare and if you bomb it push your exam back until you are ready.
Good Luck!

4/15/2014 8:52:39 AM
ViVe21576400 wrote:
Hey,

I just started studying for the USMLE and am planning to take the exam end of August. Is this enough time to study for the exam? I see that people have studied for a year and am wondering if I'll be able to finish in a 5 months?!

I graduated a few years back. Is there anyone who took the exam in this time frame?Any advice?

I plan to do Pathoma, Kaplan- Pharm, Physio, Biochem, Behavioral science, Immunology and Anatomy, Microbiology made ridiculously simple and First aid. I was planning to just do 100 questions from Qbank everyday. Is there anything that I am doing wrong or anything else I should do?

Thanks

Hello,
We are kind of in the same situation. I am taking my exam at the end of August this year and I am starting to prepare for it now. Wanna be study partners? We can help each other out if you want. Message me.

5/15/2014 2:14:39 PM
HI
iam an IMG ,also gettin ready for step 1 in august. Started readin in march. would like to compare notes

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK