Confusion about some books for CK

4/3/2014 10:04:59 AM
Hi. I'm planning on giving CK exam in sep/oct. I haven't given step 1 yet. and need some help with choosing the right books. So far I've started with Kaplan lecture notes and I've got the following questions.

Q1. I've seen reviews about the kaplan ethics book not being enough for step 2 Ck if you haven't done step 1. So which book should I use for that? Is kaplan enough or should I use medical ethics by conrad fischer (master the boards) or BRS any other recommendation? and will it cover the public health topics as well?

Q2. First aid 2 vs master the boards? which one is better? considering I haven't given step 1 exam.

Q3. If master the boards is better than first aid, do I have to do all four books? internal medicine, paediatrics, medical ethics and step 2 ck target review?

Q4. Reviews about kaplan Qbook?

Q5. And is kaplan internal medicine enough for neurology? again considering I have not given step 1
edited by on 4/3/2014

4/3/2014 7:06:11 PM
id say stick to MTB and Uworld and you should be fine. Unless your basics are terrible you would need to watch the lectures .. If not you can go over the comprehensive cases by Conrad fisher ...

4/4/2014 12:32:32 AM
hi my friend,
i also havent given step 1 yet..but i fininshed kaplans lectures and Q book and preparing to try 2ck for first time in late july.

now am going to start uworld and MTB soon..pls reply my email if you are interested to join with [email protected]

have a nice day!
sylvia

4/5/2014 3:47:05 PM
Sylviakhin wrote:
hi my friend,
i also havent given step 1 yet..but i fininshed kaplans lectures and Q book and preparing to try 2ck for first time in late july.

now am going to start uworld and MTB soon..pls reply my email if you are interested to join with [email protected]

have a nice day!
sylvia

Can go over the qbank with you. my email. [email protected]
tx.
edited by on 4/5/2014

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK