PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXCEEDED 6TH ATTEMPT ON STEP EXAM

9/2/2014 2:43:15 PM
This sounds absolutely crazy.
If someone is not ready to take the exam, then they should not take the exam. If it takes you 5 or 6 attempts to pass the steps, then maybe this isn't the right career for you. I've heard of people failing twice or even three times, but 6 is too much. Why would you go take the exam if you didn't pass an NBME. You should know in your mind and heart..when you are ready to take the exam..Even if you have garbage teachers and horrible instruction, at the end of the day it falls on you to learn the material needed to pass step1, ck, cs...someone who fails the steps either had bad time management, horrible learning skills, or basically did not push their exam forward until they actually passed
What is a lawyer going to do for you? I'm surprised the ECFMG even gives us 6 chances.

9/25/2014 8:10:19 PM
Hello

Im new here and i have not taken my exam as yet. It does seem shameful to do it over and over again, but some people have a passion and even if they fail all they want to do is keep trying you can't judge them for that. Everyone has a dream to achieve and be successful in something they love and like doing.
Even Great men in this world failed but the achieve in what they like doing, here are two quotes below.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
-- Thomas A. Edison

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why i succeed.
-- Michael Jordan

Im just saying give them a chance to achieve there goals. Hope you have a good one
edited by on 9/25/2014

9/25/2014 10:23:01 PM
ugh

9/25/2014 11:30:21 PM
docpeters87 wrote:
Hello

Im new here and i have not taken my exam as yet. It does seem shameful to do it over and over again, but some people have a passion and even if they fail all they want to do is keep trying you can't judge them for that. Everyone has a dream to achieve and be successful in something they love and like doing.
Even Great men in this world failed but the achieve in what they like doing, here are two quotes below.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
-- Thomas A. Edison

-- Michael Jordan

Im just saying give them a chance to achieve there goals. Hope you have a good one
edited by on 9/25/2014

9/25/2014 11:49:55 PM
docpeters87 wrote:
Hello

-- Thomas A. Edison

-- Michael Jordan

edited by on 9/25/2014

Well said:

Failures turns out to be better and superior when they succeed. We always should encourage and not underestimate anyone. May be they are better in many other aspects required for medical profession. May be they have more knowledge and somehow does not reflect in examination.

Thomas Edison also quote:

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

Those who are frustrated after failures. Please don't. Only low level people discourage. Look up and keep on trying. Failures makes you better and strong. There are many people who wrote excellent encouraging and supporting comments in the past for the people who failed.

9/25/2014 11:55:59 PM
salomon708 wrote:
ugh

What is ugh means. I hope good compliment. The person docpetrs87 really commented well. We should learn from him.

Thanks

9/28/2014 1:59:26 AM
Hi everyone ,
I am in a pickle here. I took CS n CK n have not taken step 1 yet! Can anyone who took the exam on saturday tell me whether they got their result by third wednesday?
I tried scheduling my exam sooner but there is no date avalaible until 10/18 ( sat), i really need the score latest by 11/5( wed).... I know they say if u take the exam between wed to fri it comes on the third wednesday n if u take on monday/tuesdayt comes on the fourth wednesday... There is no accurate data/ post about exam takers on saturdays...
Please someone who has taken either step 1 or CK on a Saturday please give me accurate info.. Im going crazy here.. Thanks a lot

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK