uworld CK self assessment score 260

10/11/2014 3:51:14 AM
Hi guys, CK test in 20 days time. scored 260 on Uworld self assessment test last night. how does it translate into the real score considering i have yet to finish uworld revision second time. Or should i concentrate on kaplan q bank and notes or just concentrate on second revision of uworld as i am really short of time. would appreciate your helpful tips.
thanks and good luck to you all


10/11/2014 4:49:30 AM
its great score.. I wish score like that.. best of luck for exam.. you sound prepared, btw revise a uw once if u got enegy..


10/19/2014 10:57:44 PM
pallava wrote:
Hi guys, CK test in 20 days time. scored 260 on Uworld self assessment test last night. how does it translate into the real score considering i have yet to finish uworld revision second time. Or should i concentrate on kaplan q bank and notes or just concentrate on second revision of uworld as i am really short of time. would appreciate your helpful tips.
thanks and good luck to you all


Be sure to take NBME exams as well. Make sure that your 260 is also reflected in your NBME exams. Assuming you do just as well on your NBME exams, then you should be perfectly fine.


10/20/2014 11:05:15 AM
StevenMV wrote:
pallava wrote:
Hi guys, CK test in 20 days time. scored 260 on Uworld self assessment test last night. how does it translate into the real score considering i have yet to finish uworld revision second time. Or should i concentrate on kaplan q bank and notes or just concentrate on second revision of uworld as i am really short of time. would appreciate your helpful tips.
thanks and good luck to you all


Be sure to take NBME exams as well. Make sure that your 260 is also reflected in your NBME exams. Assuming you do just as well on your NBME exams, then you should be perfectly fine.


hi, could anyone advise how far NBME self assessment scores are reflective of the real test. I scored 244, 267 and 269 on the three assesments i did. I understand people on forums saying the true test has really long questions.
i have test in few days time and yet i still have lot of reading to do.
Just want an idea what you guys felt the real test was compared to the NBME self assessments
thanks and good luck to you guys at whatever stage of USMLE you are.


10/21/2014 1:23:08 AM
pallava wrote:
StevenMV wrote:
pallava wrote:
Hi guys, CK test in 20 days time. scored 260 on Uworld self assessment test last night. how does it translate into the real score considering i have yet to finish uworld revision second time. Or should i concentrate on kaplan q bank and notes or just concentrate on second revision of uworld as i am really short of time. would appreciate your helpful tips.
thanks and good luck to you all


Be sure to take NBME exams as well. Make sure that your 260 is also reflected in your NBME exams. Assuming you do just as well on your NBME exams, then you should be perfectly fine.


hi, could anyone advise how far NBME self assessment scores are reflective of the real test. I scored 244, 267 and 269 on the three assesments i did. I understand people on forums saying the true test has really long questions.
i have test in few days time and yet i still have lot of reading to do.
Just want an idea what you guys felt the real test was compared to the NBME self assessments
thanks and good luck to you guys at whatever stage of USMLE you are.


From my experience, NBME self assessment scores are highly accurate predictors of how you will likely perform on the real test. I imagine that for most people, it's accurate within +/- 5 points.

If you are scoring 244-269, I would NOT take the test. I would postpone it. I think passing on Step 2CK is now 207 or 209, which means you should consistently be scoring above 410 on your NBME exams (at minimum) in order to ensure that you pass the actual exam.

I don't think that given your time constraints, any amount of reading will benefit you. Reading is only good for helping you learn content; but remember, the USMLE tests your ability to APPLY this knowledge, which is something else entirely.


pages: 1

 | 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept