IMG and mom from the Netherlands,prep for step 1

8/17/2015 8:34:27 PM
I am looking for someone who was or is in the same situation and who is willing to share experience with me.
Sometimes I am afraid I will never pass.... What is/was your strategy?
Danielle

8/17/2015 8:50:03 PM
btw...I do not live in the Netherlands but in Florida

8/18/2015 12:11:58 AM
DaniellevanD wrote:
I am looking for someone who was or is in the same situation and who is willing to share experience with me.
Sometimes I am afraid I will never pass.... What is/was your strategy?
Danielle

Hello dr I m also in the same situation n I m preparing for step 1 .. I m a mother of 17 month old baby girl n I m pregnant again with my second baby .. I m so scared that I will not able to ace this exam 😞... Can u tell me how much have u studied n when you r planning to appear for step1 .. Waiting for your response thanks

8/18/2015 10:01:16 AM
Hi
I m planning end of this year. It took me a while to find out about the best study-materials . Also to get into a daily routine is pretty though.
I use USMLE first aid wool and lectures. also memorang works very well.
Danielle

8/21/2015 6:05:46 PM
Hi ,
Im mommy of an 18 month old and preparing for step 1 . what is your schedule like with your kids? how are you dividing up your days. lets share experiences. im currently a bit lost and really want to get back on track.

regards

dija

8/28/2015 5:33:38 PM
My kids are a bit older and in school. which helps a lot. But still. I find it hard to get myself motivated and not distracted to much. It also is hard that it s just me. I don't have a study partner. It took me a while to find the right study materials. When do you want to do the exam?

9/8/2015 12:21:34 PM
Hi. I'm also an IMG, residing now in Nebraska. I have a 2 yo and it's not easy to study for Step1 taking in consideration that I only have time to do that during his nap and after I put him down to bed at night. That would be around 4 hours a day I'm planning on taking the exam before the end of Nov. After reading how some people study for at least 10 hrs a day for 8-10 weeks for this exam, it makes me wonder if I'll ever be ready for this exam. I can't say I am doing great at testing either. I took the NMBE 16 and scored 200. Not very encouraging Does anybody have any advice or encouraging thoughts?

CMW

9/8/2015 2:04:00 PM
Hi ladies,

I am also an IMG. I live in the East Coast. I'm planning to take step 1 next year april-may. But it is very difficult to study with my 15 months old daughter. I only can study at night 2-4 hours/day. I hope by May I will be ready. Things are not easy at all especially for OMG (me 2008), but we just have to keep working. Good luck to all of you.

9/9/2015 9:13:25 AM
hello everyone….i am in the same position i have twins 2 year old boys….its not easy my eligibility ends november 30th but i want to take my exam his september so far my highest NBME has been a 200 on NBME 15. i got a 228 and UWSA 1and a 221on UWSA 2. i started studying arpil on and off but may i got really serious. i have done FA 5 times i am now currently on my 6th read…..i did UWSA 2 a week ago after my 5th read of FA and my 2nd pass of UW. i did UWSA 1 after my First pass of UW and my 3rd pass of FA. and i did NBME 15 10 days after UWSA 1….. i am so confused i get so scared when taking NBMEs.

i am so scared i wanted to get at least a 230 on step 1 but ail be happy with anything above a 220. but now i will take anything above a 200…..i just want this exam to be over with. i got a nanny in june to help me with the kids so I can focus on studying so maybe other mothers can invest in a nanny for maybe 2 months and jus bring it out its been helping me a lot. i study at home in my office while the nanny is with the twins.
edited by on 9/9/2015

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK