Words of Encouragement

4/20/2016 4:31:59 PM
Hi All!
A little bit about me:
I graduated in December from an Associate Degree RN program. After a couple weeks of relaxing and enjoying being a Nursing School Graduate, I began studying for the boards. (Keep in mind I am an average/below average test-taker and struggled in school, but made it through.)

I scheduled my exam for February 29th, 2016. I studied day and night, with little breaks for myself. I used Kaplan, Hurst, and another review course only known to people in Ohio. I focused a lot on content and less on practice questions. I believe I spent so much time studying and didn't focus on myself. Test day came and went...after a little over 4 hours and 265 questions. I found out 28 hours that I didn't pass. I knew at the moment that I had to find a different way to study.

Second time around. I scheduled for April 19th (yesterday). I studied a lot, but I gave myself breaks to relax or exercise and then resumed where I left off. This time, (knowing I needed to do things differently), decided I was going to just do practice questions. I heard about "UWorld" through word-of-mouth and signed up for it. I told myself I was going to get through all of the questions that UWorld had to offer. During the week days I would do about 150-200 questions a day. On the weekends I would do 25-50. I am a visual learner and I have to write in order to learn. So I would write down every rationale in simple terms and then look over the notebook every now and then as a refresher. I took the NCLEX for the second time yesterday and walked out of there in less than an hour and a half with only getting 75 questions.

I found out today I passed. I am so excited to officially be an RN. Words of encouragement: motivation and dedication. Take care of your self. Allow yourself to take breaks with not feeling guilty about it. Make a schedule for yourself so that you are doing enough, but not over doing it. Also, practice questions!!! The NCLEX is a bunch of questions, so what better way to study?! UWorld has been the best study tool for me. I will recommend it to anyone I talk to in nursing school, or studying for the boards. Stay calm and focused. If I can pass, anyone can!! Good luck to everybody reading this! The NCLEX is just another stepping stone. For some it may take one try, but others may take several. Stay focused, it's just a matter of time.

Lydia, RN. !!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK