My chances to get into residency?!

10/17/2016 10:21:28 AM
Hi friends,

I am really confused that whether I will get a chance to get into residency, please need your advice and guidance, because I have been receiving only negative impact because of my year of graduation.

Year if graduation : 2010 ( From India MBBS)
Step1: 269
Step 2: 271

Step2 CS and Step 3 is pending and planning to give by February.

Got 36 publication's out of thst 25 publications in indexed international journals as a first author have done a research fellowship with 3 international awards for the best researcher

I am planning to apply for next match for GENERAL SURGERY residency , so please share your thoughts whether I should continue this journey because of year of graduation., and surgery is very competitive residency program.

Please kindly give your valuable suggestions to improve my chances, I would greatly appreciate your help and feedback
Thank you

10/28/2016 11:08:30 AM
You have prety good chance to get into residency program. You have wonderful scores and research experience. Just go to www.matcharesident.com where you can submit your scores and year of graduation and they will let you know which programs you match and then apply at least 200 programs and I am confident you will match.

10/28/2016 9:08:41 PM
I would also apply to family medicine and internal medicine due to graduation year. I think you could match into one of those residencies. Excellent step scores by the way.
edited by on 10/28/2016

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept