need help urgently...

8/3/2010 11:36:42 PM
Hello folks..
I am an IMG from India. I intend to apply this year in sept for residency. aiming at H1b visa. I managed to send my credentials to ecfmg for cerification only a week back . It got delayed due to some unforseen circumstances. I want to know would my certification be delayed significantly?? Would that affect my interview calls? also can I apply for step 3 now? even without the ecfmg certification , thru the state of connecticut? should I aim at applying for step 3 before 3rd of sept'10 or wait for the next september cycle to begin if i intend to apply this year?
I'd highly appreciate some guidance...m completely lost rt now...thank u...

8/8/2010 12:49:02 PM
Hello

Apply for Step 3 by Sept. 3rd if you receive your ECFMG certificate before the Step 3 deadline. Just apply online. Its a very big deal for programs to see Step 3 finished. It can only help your application. Its ok, we've all had many set backs. Just keep going and stay focused, you can do it! You have to have your ECFMG certificate to apply for Step 3.

Take care, I hope this helps you.

8/8/2010 1:09:56 PM
LadyCanuckMD wrote:
Hello

Apply for Step 3 by Sept. 3rd if you receive your ECFMG certificate before the Step 3 deadline. Just apply online. Its a very big deal for programs to see Step 3 finished. It can only help your application. Its ok, we've all had many set backs. Just keep going and stay focused, you can do it! You have to have your ECFMG certificate to apply for Step 3.

Take care, I hope this helps you.

Thank u so much for your reply...what if I end up applying after sept 3rd..would I still be able to hope for an h1b sponsorship ??

8/9/2010 1:39:13 PM
Hello, You will need ECFMG certificate(proof of step 1 and 2 completed) to register for step 3. For H1B visa you will need medical license to practice in the state where you want to use the visa plus a contract from your prospective employer. Check USCIS website for details. You will need step 3 to apply for medical license. The best entity to keep a permanent record that they have verified your qualifications is FCVS.
hope this helps, Mari

8/9/2010 5:01:52 PM
Hi there Lioness,

Yes, you can still hope for an H1 B visa, but programs ideally would like to see a step 3 result during the interview season. My advice, get started on studying for Step 3 if you haven't started already. Apply for Step 3 latest by the Sept. 3rd deadline via CT, and only after you receive your ECFMG certificate first! In the mean time while you are waiting for your certificate, start studying for step 3. Its more important for programs to see step 3 finished than even research, this is what I was told.

Just study and work. That's what we all have to do. You can do it!

Take care! Keep going! Hopefully all of us will make it!

8/9/2010 10:44:23 PM
Thank u for ur advice. I'll remember that...all the best to u too...one more question..what if am not certified by 3rd sep..would i still be able to appear for step 3 this year?

8/10/2010 2:07:49 PM
Hi Lioness,

To apply for step 3 by the deadline of Sept. 3rd, you have to have your ECFMG certificate, period. If you don't have your ECFMG certificate by Sept. 3rd, don't spend the money. But, you could still take Step 3 in Jan 2011 and apply for that.

I would say start studying, and wait for your certificate.

Study!

Hope this helps you. Take care ok, and keep your chin up!

8/10/2010 4:55:25 PM
Thanks a ton!! Studying is what m doing now...with my fingers crossed..thanks again...n all the best!

8/19/2010 11:04:46 PM
indian snake ....

8/20/2010 5:42:13 AM
PLEASE 'shapers',
Please do not insult members of this forum with abuse directed towards anyone. This forum is to support people doing exams. Your remark is tasteless and contrary to the spirit of preparing for any exam. People have come to learn what will be useful, from all over the world. Your remark represents nothing but disrespect to this forum.I hope the forum will agree that your remark should be deleted permanently in the interest of maintaining no tolerance to abuse in any shape or form.
Mari

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK