Very old IMG

6/20/2018 1:47:03 AM
I am IMG . MBBS , MD ( Physiology). YOG 2000. 42 years old at present. Working as Medical Officer in government sector. Is it advisable to prepare for USMLE at this age. I will be 45 years by the time I finish all steps and apply for residency. Very confused. Please guide.

6/20/2018 11:01:22 AM
Hello paoa219935,

If your mind is competent enough to handle the vast amount of information, if you are healthy, if you have the patience, self drive, self determination, and are willing to work very hard to obtain your Medical Degree, then go for it! Do not allow age to stop you from reaching your dreams of becoming a Medical Doctor. For age is nothing but a number and you are never too old to be what God has preordained for you to be in this world.

Best Regards,

Ezinne

6/20/2018 4:48:14 PM
paoa219935 wrote:
I am IMG . MBBS , MD ( Physiology). YOG 2000. 42 years old at present. Working as Medical Officer in government sector. Is it advisable to prepare for USMLE at this age. I will be 45 years by the time I finish all steps and apply for residency. Very confused. Please guide.

Hello, I am an IMG too, started stydying for USMLE from last week. YOG 2002. It would be difficult as it has been for last many years to get a residency but I am still going to give it a try. Best of luck.

6/21/2018 1:46:11 AM
ixnd164573 wrote:
paoa219935 wrote:

Hello, I am an IMG too, started stydying for USMLE from last week. YOG 2002. It would be difficult as it has been for last many years to get a residency but I am still going to give it a try. Best of luck.

Thanks. I am also planning to try.

6/21/2018 1:56:43 AM
Ezinne wrote:
Hello paoa219935,

If your mind is competent enough to handle the vast amount of information, if you are healthy, if you have the patience, self drive, self determination, and are willing to work very hard to obtain your Medical Degree, then go for it! Do not allow age to stop you from reaching your dreams of becoming a Medical Doctor. For age is nothing but a number and you are never too old to be what God has preordained for you to be in this world.

Best Regards,

Ezinne

Thanks. You have summarized very nicely the qualities one should have in order to appear for USMLE. Your these 4 lines are far better than the tons of information/advice available on net. Really nice. thanks again. Apart from studying i have decided to work on myself to imbibe these qualities in order to be successful in exams and in life as a whole.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK