studied 3 weeks, 2000 questions, passed in 155!

6/12/2019 3:53:43 PM
hello everyone! while I was studying for NCLEX, I enjoyed reading through this forum and hearing about people's experiences with uworld and the NCLEX. so, since I just passed my NCLEX, I thought I would share my experience in hopes that it could help even just one person

I graduated nursing school about a month ago with my BSN. I started studying the week following doing about 25-50 practice questions a day. then when I moved home, I started doing 75-100 questions everyday (2 weeks out from my test). then one weeks out I was doing over 100-150 questions everyday. I saved flashcards as I worked through the question bank and wrote down topics that I needed to study up on (developmental milestones, radiation, herbs, rhythms, OB meds... etc.) and I used my Hogan NCLEX review book to "spot" study those content areas. I did this for the 2 weeks leading up to my test. also, I took the first self-assessment 2 weeks out from my test, and the second self-assessment the weekend before my test (NCLEX was on a monday).

I ended up with 101 questions left in the question bank on the day of my test. I did NOT study the day off (I had an afternoon test). I did study quite a bit the day before for some last minute review. it is impossible to know and memorize everything. in fact, it's not about memorization; it's about strategy! you have to get comfortable with how the NCLEX tests and strategies to answer questions. that is why doing tons of questions is so helpful!

My scores:
Self-assessment 1: 61% VERY HIGH chance of passing
Self-assessment 2: 66% VERY HIGH chance of passing

Q-Bank average performance: 63% -- 86th percentile.
I ranged from 53-73% on practice tests (most of the tests were 75 questions each). I consistently averaged in the 60s.

My NCLEX:
to my surprise, I actually got 155 questions before it shut off. I was definitely very anxious once it passed 75 but tried to the best I could. truthfully, I walked out of the test convinced that I had failed it. it was SO hard.

BUT, I PASSED! I did it, and so can you!! my recommendations: do tons and tons of questions, "spot" study certain content areas, take breaks!, be confident! be familiar with prioritization, pharm, and adult health content. at least for my test, I got very peds and OB content questions. with all of this being said, study hard! you can do it! the hard work will pay off, I promise!! and soon you will be an RN too thank you to uworld.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK