Passed NCLEX with Uworld My two week study plan

11/18/2019 6:22:22 PM
So, you're about to take the NCLEX, don't sweat you are in great hands with UWorld.
I gave myself TWO weeks to study and I passed the NCLEX with 75 questions. If you want the short story scroll to the MY SCORES section to get a rundown of my Uworld scores.
MY BACKGROUND: I was accepted into a BSN/MSN accelerated program, which I completed the BSN part of the program in one year....So I guess you could say I have a lot of experience cramming I graduated in July of 2019 and took the NCLEX November 14th 2019 and full disclosure between the time I graduated, and November I didn't study a single thing!
TWO WEEK STUDY PLAN:
1. I highly recommend having something you enjoy doing so you stay sane. I did not work during this time, but I had an outlet, that is important!! I like to do yoga and I worked out a lot during the two weeks and I ate health and got enough sleep.
2. Complete around 75-200 practice exam questions a day ( gradually increase to about 200) I completed 2K questions with an average of 59% correct.
3. READ THE RATIONALS, FOR THE CORRECT ANSWER AND THE WRONG ANSWERS: Take notes on subjects you want to review again. Even if you got the question correct Its good to read the rationales, you should be learning something new with ( almost) each question.
4. ITS OK TO PANIC, BUT DON'T STAY IN THAT HEAD SPACE: To say I felt nervous would be an understatement. I cried in the shower and begged God to help me pass the NCLEX the day I took it,NOT GOING TO LIE!!! You will feel like you are failing during the NCLEX, remember that is normal and don’t let it shake your confidence.
5 MY SCORES i started with averages of 42% THAT GRADUALLY INCREASED, I finishing around 62-68% always a little above average for test takers. Towards the 11th day of the two weeks my scores were in the mid to low 60's some as high as a 70% but it was a test of missed questions that I had seen before. I completed about 2000 questions from the test bank and I was in the 72 percentile overall by the time I took the NCLEX.
I passed the NCLEX on the first attempt with 75 questions. I created exactly 48 tests in two weeks. I never did a predictor; I bought the cheapest package.

6. OTHER THAN UWORLD? I reviewed pharm and OB, old PowerPoints and recordings from school. I also kept forgetting certain things from endocrine and critical care, so I watched YouTube videos, I highly recommend simple nursing videos for nclex. Helped me a lot!!!! It gives you Huge nclex hints***

7. UWORLD WORKS I felt that using Uworld for two weeks was enough to pass, I broke up studying by creating 20-75 question long exams into sections and saved Peds and OB for the last few days before the test because those were the most foreign sections for me, and I wanted them to be fresh in my mind for the NCLEX.. I created exactly 48 tests in two weeks. I never did a predictor; I bought the cheapest package.
I never specifically reviewed Psych, because I didn’t have time, but the questions were sprinkled in in the pharm section in Uworld. GOOD LUCK YOU WILL DO GREAT, DON’T PANIC YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOU THINK AND YOU’RE GOING TO MAKE A GREAT NURSE!

1/21/2020 1:45:56 AM
Hey thank you for your post it really helped. Did u write every rational down ?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK