To take it or to reschedule it?

3/23/2011 11:43:01 AM
Hi guys,

I'm taking step 3 on March 30 to 31st here in Manhattan where I live.

Scoring 62% on UW (about 60% completed) have not done CCS or self assessment. Have read crush once. Completed IM residency already and I am board certified in IM as well as the biggest procrastinator!

Thinking to take an extra 10 days to study more, but availability in prometric is very limited, only one spot both in Apr 12 and 14th, and it is 1 hour drive from where I live (will have to drive, and probably sleep in a hotel)

Will an extra 10 days make any difference?

Thanks in advanced!

4/30/2011 2:25:29 PM
MiTs75929494 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm taking step 3 on March 30 to 31st here in Manhattan where I live.

Scoring 62% on UW (about 60% completed) have not done CCS or self assessment. Have read crush once. Completed IM residency already and I am board certified in IM as well as the biggest procrastinator!

Thinking to take an extra 10 days to study more, but availability in prometric is very limited, only one spot both in Apr 12 and 14th, and it is 1 hour drive from where I live (will have to drive, and probably sleep in a hotel)

Will an extra 10 days make any difference?

Thanks in advanced!

Did you take Step 3? May be a mute point now but 10 days is 10 days and you seem to have a good foundation already, IM board certification, Step 3 should be peanuts for you! Would be interedted how you did in Step 3..please keep us UW Forum mates posted. Appreciate it..I too am prepping for Step 3 in 3 weeks...not feeling confident but I have to wade the waters NOW..my/our life is "on hold" for so long, pending passing Step 3..wish me luck!

4/30/2011 7:59:36 PM
Took Step 3 on April 12 and 14, first day was VERY intense in my opinion, barely had time to finish the blocks. Compared to IM boards exam, this is much more difficult! (boards gives you plenty of time to finish the blocks and questions are shorter)

My problem was that what I do in real practice doesn't necessarily is the correct answer for the exam.

Crossing my fingers till I get my score, good luck to both of us!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK