Should I buy CMDT for STEP3 preparation?

5/28/2011 11:40:58 AM
Hello Guys. Is the book Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment good for Step 3? I bought one family medicine review book but it was incomplete in many specialties like dermato, ophtalmo, neuro, etc thing we all know show up in the exam. So, i am thinking og getting CMDT 2011 which is very comprehensive and yet concise. What do you guys think of this book for Step3?


5/30/2011 12:23:17 PM
what is the CMDT please?
edited by AfPa45660280 on 5/30/2011


6/1/2011 6:39:07 PM
AfPa45660280 wrote:
what is the CMDT please?
edited by AfPa45660280 on 5/30/2011

Hi, You gotta read the question if you want to come up with an answer.

The question asks: Is the BOOK Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (CMDT) ....... good for step 3? How can you ask what is CMDT? What out!!


6/2/2011 12:19:22 AM
creso wrote:
AfPa45660280 wrote:
what is the CMDT please?
edited by AfPa45660280 on 5/30/2011

Hi, You gotta read the question if you want to come up with an answer.

The question asks: Is the BOOK Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (CMDT) ....... good for step 3? How can you ask what is CMDT? What out!!


yes
edited by AfPa45660280 on 6/2/2011


6/2/2011 12:31:28 AM
creso wrote:
Hello Guys. Is the book Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment good for Step 3? I bought one family medicine review book but it was incomplete in many specialties like dermato, ophtalmo, neuro, etc thing we all know show up in the exam. So, i am thinking og getting CMDT 2011 which is very comprehensive and yet concise. What do you guys think of this book for Step3?


Hi Creso. I looked at its preview online. How do you call a 1800 page book " concise"? Do you have really time to use it. It doesn't look a step 3 prep book. Why don't you use Kaplan lecture notes, MTB, UW, or other prep material which are specifically for step 3?
Of course it will improve your knowledge but isn't it time consuming?


6/5/2011 5:35:14 PM
hey isnt kaplan notes, UW and NBME enough for the prep?? Do we really have to read MTB?


pages: 1

 | 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept