My CK experience and questions

6/21/2011 4:09:57 PM
Hi, everyone,

I'd like some input.

I took CK last Friday, and I thought it was definitely more difficult than Step 1. I got 237/99 (Mar 2010) on Step 1. Does anyone know if this is the new standard?

I thought some of the questions were vague, overly picky, and at times redundant. No joke I had 2 questions on Gilbert Syndrome and 2 on CGD. . .crazy. . . In addition, I thought that my last two sections were predominantly ob and pediatrics

I took it on Friday, Jun 17th. Should I expect my result on Wed, July 6th?

How many questions do you think I can get wrong to get the same score that I got on Step 1? I read in some places that you can get 1 out of every 5 or approx 70 questions.

This waiting is actually agonizing. I hate thinking of the questions I know I got wrong. Any input would be much appreciated. All the best to everyone.

6/21/2011 10:14:40 PM
jgjg77871847 wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'd like some input.

I took CK last Friday, and I thought it was definitely more difficult than Step 1. I got 237/99 (Mar 2010) on Step 1. Does anyone know if this is the new standard?

I thought some of the questions were vague, overly picky, and at times redundant. No joke I had 2 questions on Gilbert Syndrome and 2 on CGD. . .crazy. . . In addition, I thought that my last two sections were predominantly ob and pediatrics

How many questions do you think I can get wrong to get the same score that I got on Step 1? I read in some places that you can get 1 out of every 5 or approx 70 questions.

This waiting is actually agonizing. I hate thinking of the questions I know I got wrong. Any input would be much appreciated. All the best to everyone.

Hi,

I wish you all the luck. I am actually sitting for the exam in 1 week. How would you compare the questions in general to UWorld? Or was it more comparable to NBME? Did you do all the questions in UW?

Again, good luck to you!

6/21/2011 10:43:38 PM
Thanks for your well wishes. Gl to you, as well. There were some exact questions from UW. So UW was a big help. However, there were also a lot of vague "what's the next best step?" questions. There were a lot of "come on dude; wtf" moments for me as I read the questions. We'll have to see what happens.

Hi,

I wish you all the luck. I am actually sitting for the exam in 1 week. How would you compare the questions in general to UWorld? Or was it more comparable to NBME? Did you do all the questions in UW?

Again, good luck to you![/quote]

6/21/2011 11:09:40 PM
I took the exam on a Friday. . .does anyone know if I can reliably expect my result 3 Wed after that? Not sure because I finished the exam at close of business Fri; then, there was a weekend. Waiting an extra week would for defs suck.

7/20/2011 7:45:44 PM
jgjg77871847 wrote:
I took the exam on a Friday. . .does anyone know if I can reliably expect my result 3 Wed after that? Not sure because I finished the exam at close of business Fri; then, there was a weekend. Waiting an extra week would for defs suck.

Did you get your score, if yes when?

7/20/2011 10:52:15 PM
jgjg77871847 wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'd like some input.

Hey
you must have got your resulty by now. Hope it was good. Did you do all the u-world thoroughly and still find qs vague?? Please let m eknow. I had great help from u-world for step 1....im hoping it would be good for step 2 too. TC

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK