Got scores...99 :)

8/24/2011 1:35:21 PM
Thanks to the Almighty God and my family...scored 99/250 on Step 2 ...so happy and relieved now.Although I 've been a constant reader of this forum,this is the first time that I am posting a note.I hope that this will help those preparing for the Step 2. I found the real exam very similar to the NBME forms though the questions were lengthy.Time is the main factor.I studied for this exam for approximately 4 months, 4-6 hours daily.I took the Kaplan live lectures,read Kaplan notes and MTB-2 and did uworld.Didnot do the FA.I found the live lectures and the Uworld extremely helpful.Finally I did NBME form 3 and 4 online.My score on NBME 4 was very similar to the real test.All the very best for everybody out there preparing for this exam.

8/24/2011 2:10:44 PM
Congratulation!

Could you tell us your score in NBME.

8/24/2011 3:27:12 PM
Congratulations ,
May I ask you how long did it take until you received your score ?
Thanks and best of luck.

8/24/2011 5:05:59 PM
NBME scores- Form 3-236, Form 4-246.I gave my test on 1st August and received the score report today i.e 24 August.

8/25/2011 2:51:29 PM
hi, congrats a lot... can u plz advice me by telling the best way to use UW i mean timed mode or tutor mode.. and is it true that MTB 3 is better than MTB 2.. though m reading MTB 2 i heard better review for MTB 3.. what do u suggest that should i continue with MTB2.. ur help will be highly appreciated...

8/25/2011 6:46:25 PM
I did not encounter any drug abstracts questions as I gave my test on 1st August and these questions were supposed to be added after 3rd.So I cannot help you out with those. I just did the MTB 2 and I think that's good enough for the exam.I did the first round of world questions in tutor mode and then the next round in timed mode.Doing timed mode is essential as in the real test you really have to keep record of the time as the questions are lengthier then they were in Step 1.

8/26/2011 8:13:19 AM
hello anna; congratulation to you on getting excellent score in step2ck. i want to ask you some questions . you saying nbme3&4 are very good for real exam.questions very similar to real exam. butough some people says USMLE SA is enough 2 weeks before the exam. it is the good predictor of ck score . my question is that which one is better NBME OR USMLE SA. DURING THE LAST REVISION what book sould i read MTB2 OR KAPLAN NOTES. i am doing UW Q BANK. one time score was 58-61% 2nd time 71% but ihave low score in BIOSTATICS . question seems to be tough for me where did you read biostatics. let me know god bless you please reply me i appreciate your help thanks alot.SHME

8/28/2011 7:07:23 PM
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello anna; congratulation to you on getting excellent score in step2ck. i want to ask you some questions . you saying nbme3&4 are very good for real exam.questions very similar to real exam. butough some people says USMLE SA is enough 2 weeks before the exam. it is the good predictor of ck score . my question is that which one is better NBME OR USMLE SA. DURING THE LAST REVISION what book sould i read MTB2 OR KAPLAN NOTES. i am doing UW Q BANK. one time score was 58-61% 2nd time 71% but ihave low score in BIOSTATICS . question seems to be tough for me where did you read biostatics. let me know god bless you please reply me i appreciate your help thanks alot.SHME

Sorry for the late reply.For me NBME tests were quite predictive of the real score.I did not give the UW SA test as I've heard it over estimates your score.But I cannot say for sure coz I never gave the test.During the last few days before my exams,I went through MTB and my notes which I had prepared through the course of my preparation.I did not use any other material for Biostats except for Kaplan lecture notes and Uworld.I think those should be fine coz I did not get as many questions on that in Step 2 as I got in Step 1 and the ones I did get were quite simple.All the very best for your test.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK