got my result. 260

1/18/2012 7:30:47 PM
took my exams on the 23rd of december. got my result today. 260/84 or 86. not so sure about my 2 digit score. i decided to ignore it.
nbme 4, 3 weeks to my exams. had 620/258
UWSA a week to - 700/256
I thank God for His mercies.
It's for sure a do-able exam.
The exam was not as tough as step 1, had about 10mins after each block to go through the marked questions. It takes some thinking and deductible reasoning- clinically oriented questions.
Had 228/98 in step 1 - march 2011
I am an IMG, graduated in 2006
I studied on and off, started in july 2011, took a break in august when i was dealing with personal issues. resumed september. didn't do much studying in december cos i just started working after a break and its quite hectic in the hospital where i am and i'm also gravid.
In all, i think i prepared for 3 months, read 6hrs/day. I dont know how to read for long hours, i get easily bored.
read kaplan notes once
then MTB 2- 3 times
USMLE secrets for step 2 more like my hand book, always in my bag and ward coat pocket.
Used the kaplan videos to revise in november. just cardiology and pediatrics- congenital heart disease
U WORLD once. then did the incorrect and marked questions, overall was 89 percentile. I tried to finish the Q bank and go thru the marked questions.
Then i prayed hard.
had to travel 8hrs to go to london to go write my exams. I live in one of the carribean islands and i missed my return flight on christmas day.
In all, i would say God has been merciful.
taking a break to focus on my family. Hope to apply september for residency next year

1/19/2012 12:53:35 AM
Awesum..congrats...and thanks for sharing ur experience!!

1/22/2012 2:05:49 AM
hello; ebib congrats from you to getting good score in step2ck. did pass step1 or you plane to take it . i have to take my exam in few months. i WORRIED about psychiatry and ethics. how many question were there in real exam. would you tell me ethics /psych questions are difficult or easy. i will be very thankful of you if you you reply me soon . god bless you .again congrets you for your good score i hope you will get residency . good luck. SHME,

1/23/2012 1:57:46 AM
ebib75348624 wrote:
took my exams on the 23rd of december. got my result today. 260/84 or 86. not so sure about my 2 digit score. i decided to ignore it.
UWSA a week to - 700/256
The exam was not as tough as step 1, had about 10mins after each block to go through the marked questions. It takes some thinking and deductible reasoning- clinically oriented questions.
I studied on and off, started in july 2011, took a break in august when i was dealing with personal issues. resumed september. didn't do much studying in december cos i just started working after a break and its quite hectic in the hospital where i am and i'm also gravid.
In all, i think i prepared for 3 months, read 6hrs/day. I dont know how to read for long hours, i get easily bored.
read kaplan notes once
then MTB 2- 3 times
USMLE secrets for step 2 more like my hand book, always in my bag and ward coat pocket.
Used the kaplan videos to revise in november. just cardiology and pediatrics- congenital heart disease
U WORLD once. then did the incorrect and marked questions, overall was 89 percentile. I tried to finish the Q bank and go thru the marked questions.
Then i prayed hard.
had to travel 8hrs to go to london to go write my exams. I live in one of the carribean islands and i missed my return flight on christmas day.
taking a break to focus on my family. Hope to apply september for residency next year

1/23/2012 2:02:16 AM
ebib75348624 wrote:
UWSA a week to - 700/256
read kaplan notes once
then MTB 2- 3 times
Then i prayed hard.

congrat,really happy for u.i need materials for step 2ck e.g lecture notes,videos, can u be of help pls

1/23/2012 2:20:14 PM
@SME- yes there were a lot of psychiatry questions, quite technical, some were strange. But not enough to significantly affect your score.
I'm sorry, I have given my books out already

1/25/2012 4:16:39 PM
ebib75348624 wrote:
UWSA a week to - 700/256
read kaplan notes once
then MTB 2- 3 times
Then i prayed hard.

Congrats! hard work pays..all the best..i just travelled from one of the carribean island to take my step2 cs, and also want 2 start studying for step 2 ck, please how can i get the kaplan videos from you..thanks

2/8/2012 3:16:33 AM
dr,
i m due to take ck in march My uw s is over may i please asku to mail me if ur uws for ck is still valid to [email protected]
Thanks.
sathish.

2/13/2012 3:25:18 PM
ebib75348624 wrote:
UWSA a week to - 700/256
read kaplan notes once
then MTB 2- 3 times
Then i prayed hard.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept