NBME score discrepancy: from 430 to 180 in 2 weeks

1/31/2012 2:31:45 PM
I took the CCMSA Take 1 (the first one) on Jan 17 and got 430. Jan 30 I completed CCMSA Take 2 (the new one) on Jan 31 and got 180. Granted between both of them I was studying the CCS. I heard the 2nd one is tougher and I think I felt a little short on time compared to the first one. However this is a big drop. I even called NBME and they said there were no omitted questions. I completed 55% of UW with 52% average. I took the UWSA around November and score corresponded to about 188 (just below passing.) I have read MTB and kaplan pocket guide and did kaplan qbook.

Thus all my scores make sense except the CCMSA #2. I have taken the nbme for step 1 and 2 and the scores all made sense were quite accurate before. I am dumbfounded by this.

I am planning on taking my exam Feb 6 and want to avoid postponing to avoid taking the new one. (Score delay will start on feb 10 and new exam will start on feb 15.) Another problem I have is that I took step1 close to 7 years ago by the end of this april meaning that to get licensed in most states i will have to retake step 1. i can't afford to fail it.

today i am thinking about taking the usmleconsult scorerealator. I also have the kaplan cd. which is more accurate?

should i postpone the exam. there is a risk if i fail it i will have to retake step 1.

1/31/2012 3:23:25 PM
call me my exam is the same date as ur so that we can quikly go over mtb.skype 1d is step3ison

3/25/2012 3:27:35 PM
SaAd93051843 wrote:
I took the CCMSA Take 1 (the first one) on Jan 17 and got 430. Jan 30 I completed CCMSA Take 2 (the new one) on Jan 31 and got 180. Granted between both of them I was studying the CCS. I heard the 2nd one is tougher and I think I felt a little short on time compared to the first one. However this is a big drop. I even called NBME and they said there were no omitted questions. I completed 55% of UW with 52% average. I took the UWSA around November and score corresponded to about 188 (just below passing.) I have read MTB and kaplan pocket guide and did kaplan qbook.

Thus all my scores make sense except the CCMSA #2. I have taken the nbme for step 1 and 2 and the scores all made sense were quite accurate before. I am dumbfounded by this.

I am planning on taking my exam Feb 6 and want to avoid postponing to avoid taking the new one. (Score delay will start on feb 10 and new exam will start on feb 15.) Another problem I have is that I took step1 close to 7 years ago by the end of this april meaning that to get licensed in most states i will have to retake step 1. i can't afford to fail it.

today i am thinking about taking the usmleconsult scorerealator. I also have the kaplan cd. which is more accurate?

should i postpone the exam. there is a risk if i fail it i will have to retake step 1.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept