yahooo.. got 233 on step2

2/29/2012 3:49:03 PM
I got 72% on 2nd time UWorld
got 239 on NBME form 4
and got 233 as my real score...
I am thankful to lord Almighty for blessing me so much...
can any1 say it's not a good score????

2/29/2012 4:12:26 PM
Its a great score! Thank God for your trust in Him!

It would help though if you put more of your strategy, as that will benefit others.
What books did you use, how did you approach your UW questions? How long did you study for? What was your step 1 score (someone going from a 188 in Step 1 to a 233 in CK is more significant, than going from a 251 score in step 1 to 233 in CK).

2/29/2012 4:57:23 PM
Well.. no doubt brother... when I look at my friends having financial problems, and others who can't withstand painful process of USMLE==> I do thank ALLAH for giving me the courage, patience, and endurance.

I got 94/221 on step 1

I wasted 4 moths after step 1, and the studied for 8 months for step 2ck.
I did whole Kaplan, UWorld (twice), and MTB
I did q bank in my last days which was my greatest mistake... in my view kaplan Q-bank has got nothing to do with exam

On exam I felt it was exact copy/extension of UWorld... same topics, same type of some very easy to some very tough question.

My only troubles on exam were
1) I didn't remember biostat formulas... I had 4 easy question like RR, NNT, and ARR
2) It was very long... so even after drinking 4 redbull, i went blank in 6th block for 2-3 min which made me panic...
3)4,5th block are toughest... following are relatively easy
4) exam is very long, so I will suggest u take analgesic (like panadol extra with caffeine) after 4th block

In my honest view... one read to Kaplan.. and then both UWorld and MTB are fantastic... I love MTB

I am IMG, late 2009 grad, and don't know if I will get a residency... but now I am at peace, thinking... I did what I could, and will have no regrets of not taking the chance at lest.
do let me know if you need more help ([email protected])

2/29/2012 5:00:22 PM
Thanks so much for the detailed review. Its quite helpful.
You have good scores, and should be fine getting residency I believe, hope you have USCE as well?
Which MTB did you use? I have both 2 and 3.

Thanks again

2/29/2012 7:05:12 PM
ObNn71034485 wrote:
Thanks so much for the detailed review. Its quite helpful.
You have good scores, and should be fine getting residency I believe, hope you have USCE as well?
Which MTB did you use? I have both 2 and 3.

Thanks again

Bro, I don't have USCE, but I have been offered externship until step. I am going there next month IA. I used MTB 2... and now I am very exceited to get MTB 3.

3/5/2012 1:21:56 AM
hello; adka ;congrats to you on good score , you got step2 ck 233 score what is your %(80/85) let me know. i will take my exam in few months, pray for me to allah to get get very good score in real exam.did you try NBME 2/4 LET ME KNOW. ihope so you will get residency. good luck.SHME

3/5/2012 1:52:39 PM
SHME77646266 wrote:
hello; adka ;congrats to you on good score , you got step2 ck 233 score what is your %(80/85) let me know. i will take my exam in few months, pray for me to allah to get get very good score in real exam.did you try NBME 2/4 LET ME KNOW. ihope so you will get residency. good luck.SHME

Hello SHME... I did form 4. And got 82% which is worthless these days... as it is not reported to PD

3/7/2012 11:28:22 PM
Adka34047027 wrote:
got 239 on NBME form 4

Congratulation Adka

Hope you keep in your successful journey in medicine. I just wanna ask you a Q ,I am trying to write the exam in june. and I didn't have a time to read Kaplan's books ,but I am focusing on UW and MTB all the time , could you tell me is this will be Ok?
I sometimes listen to the videos, I think I can remember these basics info well as i am fresh graduate .so should I look at the kaplan's books
Thanks for your help

3/7/2012 11:55:40 PM
Adka34047027 wrote:
got 239 on NBME form 4

Good Job! I think UW is Good Enough For The Real Exam. Don't Waste Your Money On other Q-banks like USMLE Weapon or Score 95 or Consult 1,2,3. If You want to Waste your money, put it in UW where you can learn and see the concepts over and over again and that's so helpful in the stress or real time exam. The questions are long, but the concepts are in UW. Just Keep Doing UW and Review It Until Your Exam. The real exam is testing your mentality and your endurance. So Put your brain in stress mode of learning and doing UW questions and you will be ok.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK