9 weeks for CK. Prep advice needed

8/26/2019 1:11:49 AM
What percentile (UWorld / first pass); should you be in order to have a decent score on CK?

What is the best way to improve your score in a 9 th week period ?

Thanks for your answers

8/26/2019 8:50:38 AM
Assuming a decent score on the USMLE Step 2 CK is 240 and above (national average 242 based on Official Score Interpretation Guidelines, 2018ish).
You will find a lot of different experiences on the forums, personally I was in the 70-80% on first pass, and 80-90% on second pass, and ended up with 260's on my real deal.
The best way to tell, however, is by taking NBME practice exam (I would save UWSA for later, as they are relatively more predictive!).
Please do not freak yourself out by paying too much attention to the UW percentage - it is a common mistake - however there is no denying that the higher you are scoring on UW, the more likely you know the material and will perform well in the exam (as long as everything else is good as well - i.e. confidence, test taking strategy, discipline, good rest, good snacks , etc)
9 weeks is a significant amount of time and I believe depending on your study plan, you may see a lot of improvement in your score.
It also sort of depends on how much of that 9 weeks is dedicated, and how often you study in a week (ideally 6 - 6.5 days in a week, approximately 4 hours a day, give or take)
It also depends on your quality of studying (not just quantity). As someone who has passed all 4 USMLEs (1/CK/CS/3) with scores in the 95+ percentile, I would like to offer to guide you, for a moderate tuition fee.
Good luck to you, hope that was helpful, and feel free to contact me.
Dr. E

8/30/2019 10:54:37 AM
esr10503 wrote:
Assuming a decent score on the USMLE Step 2 CK is 240 and above (national average 242 based on Official Score Interpretation Guidelines, 2018ish).
You will find a lot of different experiences on the forums, personally I was in the 70-80% on first pass, and 80-90% on second pass, and ended up with 260's on my real deal.
The best way to tell, however, is by taking NBME practice exam (I would save UWSA for later, as they are relatively more predictive!).
Please do not freak yourself out by paying too much attention to the UW percentage - it is a common mistake - however there is no denying that the higher you are scoring on UW, the more likely you know the material and will perform well in the exam (as long as everything else is good as well - i.e. confidence, test taking strategy, discipline, good rest, good snacks , etc)
9 weeks is a significant amount of time and I believe depending on your study plan, you may see a lot of improvement in your score.
It also sort of depends on how much of that 9 weeks is dedicated, and how often you study in a week (ideally 6 - 6.5 days in a week, approximately 4 hours a day, give or take)
It also depends on your quality of studying (not just quantity). As someone who has passed all 4 USMLEs (1/CK/CS/3) with scores in the 95+ percentile, I would like to offer to guide you, for a moderate tuition fee.
Good luck to you, hope that was helpful, and feel free to contact me.
Dr. E

Hi,

will you guide me ?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK