Borderline Chance of Passing and I DID!

7/9/2019 4:34:39 PM
I took the NCLEX July 2, so I am a little late to share my experience, but I hope my story can help give some people relief and offer support to all.

Like many others on this forum, my school also tried to push VATI. I honestly thought that if I just finished VATI - if I could push myself hard enough to get every module done - I would be safe and would pass the NCLEX. When I finally got to the Comp Predictor, I got a 71% chance of passing the NCLEX, from an original 92% from a month before. I took the Comp Predictor on June 24, with only a week left to prepare myself, and my faith was shaken. My VATI coach made me feel I was going to fail and the only way to pass the NCLEX was to pay for an extra 12 weeks of VATI and postpone my exam.

I took my exam on Uworld to try to feel better, and scored a 49%, 27th percentile, with a borderline chance of passing. A week to go for the NCLEX and here I just had two big signs that I should move my exam date. Against all odds - I held off on changing my exam date and instead, trusted God, trusted Uworld, trusted my family's unwavering support, and tried to remain as calm and positive as possible.

I spent 3 weeks in total using Uworld, I did 75 questions on uworld a day, timed and with rationales; I took 900 questions total out of the available 2100. I always did all subjects for each 75 question block I did. I tried so hard to do more than that, but it took me 6 hours a day to do that many. I did not write down any rationales, rather I just read and reread it until I understood the concepts and could explain it to myself. Twice, I went and redid 75 questions I had gotten wrong before in order to test myself to see if I actually was retaining what I had gone over. Uworld was a huge relief to me and the question bank made me feel better. I scored an 86th percentile from the question bank. I prayed to God every night so that I would remain calm and confident when I took the exam and relied on my family's belief in me, because I was still so shaken and down on myself. I really did not believe I would pass and I believed that I would be given all 265 questions.

The day before the exam, I took the day for myself. The day of the exam, I was nervous, but when I first sat down and saw that first question, I immediately calmed down and remained so through the exam. Whenever I was anxious, I would stop myself, take a deep breath and then continue.

The NCLEX was - in a word - bizarre. It is very comparable to the layout of uworld, though I have to say that the questions are very vague. There was nothing on the exam that was not familiar to me - uworld prepared me for everything I saw on the exam. I felt so relieved! When question 75 came, I took a deep breath. I clicked "Next", and to my relief, question 76 popped up! I took it, happy that I at least was still in the "running" - I figured that as long as I had questions to take, the computer at least was still figuring out if I passed or not. I clicked "Next" after 76 and then the computer SHUT OFF. I was stunned. I was scared. I wanted to shake the computer screen and beg for more questions!

When I got home, I really had no idea how to feel about the exam. I did the PVT, got the good pop-up, and was praying that the PVT was accurate. On the 4th of July, I got my quick results and found out I passed in 76 questions! I was so psyched and completely relieved. Once finding out I passed, I can confidently say that uworld is MUCH more difficult than the actual NCLEX! It helps prepare you so well for the types of questions that you will see and challenges you with more difficult content so that when you take the NCLEX, you know how to answer the questions. Read everything, take your time, know that you know it! Trust the way you study, take time to read the rationales, understand the material! You only need uworld!

I know you guys got this! Good luck to all of you

11/12/2020 10:22:29 PM
It is the day before my test and reading this truly blessed me and gave my confidence a boost. Thank you so very much for sharing!

8/11/2021 3:23:27 PM
I am also reading this the day before my test and this gave me confidence. Thank you!

10/8/2021 3:13:26 PM
same

6/14/2022 6:37:50 PM
Thank you so much for sharing! Feel so much relieve!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK