Fantastic Resource -- Passed in 75!

8/19/2019 12:35:38 PM
Wow! I chose to rely almost solely on UWorld for NCLEX-RN prep per a professor's recommendation, and it was the absolute best decision I could have made. I started studying the week following my graduation in mid-May and I took my NCLEX in mid-June. While I probably only needed the 30-day resource time-wise, I paid for the 90-day bundle so that I would have access to both practice self-assessments as well as the 2000+ practice questions; it was SO worth the money. I would highly recommend completing ALL the practice questions at LEAST once. I studied every day and did around 100-150 questions a day (on average) by subject, reading the rationales and taking notes on the questions I missed. Then, a day or two later after I'd reviewed my notes a bit for a given topic, I would make a practice exam out of the questions I got incorrect to see if I was retaining what I'd been studying/what I'd written down. As far as the timed practice self-assessments, I took the first when I was about halfway through the total amount of practice questions and another a few days before my NCLEX date.

I know some people don't like the idea of trusting UWorld alone as their NCLEX prep source, and I understand that everyone learns and studies differently! However, I struggled throughout all of nursing school with how to answer NCLEX-style multiple choice questions (multiple choice has always been difficult for me in general, as I overthink every question and answer); therefore, I knew that a question bank with rationales like UWorld would be the best tool for me. On most of my practice tests by topic, I scored from 60-80% (with a few challenging topics straying to the 50s). When I found a subject or concept particularly difficult, I looked up some more practice questions or brief explanations in a Saunders NCLEX book I had purchased prior to graduation -- however, that was all I used it for and I feel as though I would've passed my NCLEX even had I not used it.

Nursing school gave me test anxiety I never would've guessed I would struggle with. That being said, despite what all my friends and professors advised, I still reviewed some material the day before my exam (e.g. child development, immunizations, nutrition, and other things that I knew I'd never grasped as easily). Despite knowing that my college education and UWorld had prepared me well, I was still nervous going into the NCLEX (which I feel is normal). However, when my exam shut off after 75 questions, I knew I had to have passed (well, I was pretty confident, because I'd had a decent amount of select-all-that-apply questions and I figured that was a good sign). I also feel that it helped that the NCLEX exam looked practically IDENTICAL to the UWorld self-assessment, so it didn't seem foreign or intimidating at all. 48 hours later I was able to get my unofficial results and discovered that I had passed -- and in 75 questions!? I was so proud and SO relieved, and I knew that UWorld had been the best money I'd ever spent! If you are even sort of entertaining the possibility of using UWorld to prepare for your NCLEX-RN, I could not recommend it more. Good luck!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK