Foreign Trained, Borderline with 265 NCLEX RN

12/10/2019 12:10:49 PM
I’m a foreign trained BSN graduate from 2011, and there were many obstacles in my way of taking my NCLEX RN. Long story short, when I reached my credentials to meet requirements for the exam I studied 1 1/2 month non-stop with the recommendation of ATI, and bought Saunders comprehensive review. I can say Saunders was straight to the point and worth remembering the concepts all in one book and at times, if I don’t understand something I would look it up or understand the suffix or prefix of that word to be able to determine what I’m answering. ATI board vitals has great assessment tests that will stop at any given time NCLEX, the rationale was good explaining concept. I took Uworld 1 week before my exam and I found that the rationales were better and offered pictures to study. I took my assessment test 3 days before exam date, and was Borderline. Like anyone else I researched what it meant and the chances of passing. Felt nervous so I went back to read nursing process, and other tools used to determining the right intervention, I also had finished 400 questions 2 days before my exam and day before I told myself not to study and have a relaxing day with a movie and a video game. Day of my exam I got up early, did light house cleaning to get my blood circulating and brought plenty of snacks and drinks. During my exam, after 60 questions I was starting to feel anxious so I closed my eyes, took a cleansing breath, prayed, and told myself you are a nurse make the right decision as a nurse. Calmed my nerves and I continued to answer my questions in a reasonable steady pace. When I was done with my exam I ended with full 6 hours and 265 questions thinking to myself, This exam had me do the whole thing, I have no idea how I should feel. I felt numb, and driving back my eyes felt hazy and I felt mentally exhausted. On thanksgiving day my family kept saying “I’m seeing signs and I feel good like, this was it. I have a feeling that you did well and you passed.” I didn’t feel that way answering 265 questions. 2 days later I tried the quick results, my heart was pounding as I clicked submit and I was so shocked when I saw my results, “Passed.”

I was crying my eyes out, I graduated years ago and I was able to study hard enough to pass my exam on the first take. Prayers, hard work go a long way and I truly believed I was supposed to be a RN and never lost sight of that. Do not give up hope, believe in yourself and give it all you got.

12/25/2019 9:42:16 PM
Congrats fellow nurse!!! I took my NCLEX-RN 12/19/19 and our stories are pretty similar! So, so happy for you!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK