Step 3 experience, took second part today.

12/11/2012 6:01:09 PM
I've been reading through many forums especially looking for ppl's usmle experience so i guess it's time to return the favor. This exam was very hard and long. The first day the questions were very long and I barely had enough time to read the qs and answer on the spot. There were little time to think. The best thing to overcome that is to do as much qs as you can. I would recommend doing UW and Kaplan qbank if possible. I'm currently in residency so I didn't have much time to study, my studying time was on/off 3 months, hardcore studying about 1 wk. Did random/time qs and completed about 1000 UW qs. Went over all UW ccs cases, some twice. Today, my second day, was much better. The qs were more straight forward with shorter stems. I finished the exam 2 hrs early. I would say ccs cases is the easier part of the exam. Most of my cases finished early so I guess if I didn't kill those patients then I probably did it right.

Overall, I would not advice anyone to take this test lightly. I got 98 and 99 on step 1 and 2, and I feel this test was much harder for some reason. May be I was not fully prepared for it since I've always completed UW banks for my previous steps.

Lastly, I would like to thank UW. I love your qbank and I feel that it really helped me scored well on my steps. Hopefully I'll pass my step 3 also then I'll be forever grateful to you.

I will update my score in 3 wks, keeping my fingers crossed. GL

1/6/2013 8:58:29 PM
pls can you help me with answering some question that i have difficulty with i.e nbme questions. pls call 240-338-7793. my exam is in less than 1 week.

3/4/2013 1:20:40 PM
Hi,

Congratulations in getting your step 3 done,
for the CCS cases, did you study any other sources or just UW CCS?

Thank you!!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK