Low step 1/ Materials for step 2 CK

12/24/2012 7:18:23 AM
Hi, what would you suggest as the best books/materials to use in preparing.... I just received my Step 1 score 218/81... and i am sad about that especially as i am an IMG.

Was wondering if anyone could help me with suggestions for Ck or is this score too low to proceed?

I would like to test probably in june/july 2013

12/29/2012 7:40:32 PM
continue. you'll do fine in ck. i've seen people get into internal medicine residency with scores lower than yours.
you'll do fine. keep continuing.

12/31/2012 8:07:01 PM
pinomontalbano wrote:
continue. you'll do fine in ck. i've seen people get into internal medicine residency with scores lower than yours.
you'll do fine. keep continuing.

Thanks a lot and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Was considering internal medicine, how did you guess . Am currently not in the US, hopefully much later this year.

1/1/2013 4:23:43 AM
Be continue and Happy new year to all member of this forum.

1/6/2013 12:53:09 PM
I agree, i have a lower step 1 score than u and i didnt give up...when applying for residency, scores do matter but there are other factors involved in getting interviews..Im preparing for my step 2 ck which i failed by one point already last year, and i havent given up. u just keep on doing what ur doing!!Cool

1/7/2013 3:42:47 PM
Peso wrote:
Hi, what would you suggest as the best books/materials to use in preparing.... I just received my Step 1 score 218/81... and i am sad about that especially as i am an IMG.

Was wondering if anyone could help me with suggestions for Ck or is this score too low to proceed?

i have roughly the situation as you. by reading forums, i've found out that the kaplan series+MBT2/3 are good to study(as well as Q-bank); what have got about it yet?Whaaaaa?

1/7/2013 10:51:08 PM
z.ahmad18 wrote:
I agree, i have a lower step 1 score than u and i didnt give up...when applying for residency, scores do matter but there are other factors involved in getting interviews..Im preparing for my step 2 ck which i failed by one point already last year, and i havent given up. u just keep on doing what ur doing!!Cool

Thanks

1/7/2013 10:52:26 PM
varash wrote:
Peso wrote:

i have roughly the situation as you. by reading forums, i've found out that the kaplan series+MBT2/3 are good to study(as well as Q-bank); what have got about it yet?Whaaaaa?

Thanks, I also have kaplan books, FA, will be getting MTB soon.

1/9/2013 2:22:02 PM
Peso wrote:
varash wrote:
Peso wrote:

Thanks, I also have kaplan books, FA, will be getting MTB soon.

thnx; let's GOODLUCK!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK