Exam expierence and score 254!

1/29/2013 2:17:17 PM
Hi everybody, I prepared for CK exam almost 4 months. I read Kaplan lecture notes 2008-2009 edition (2 times), Kaplan videos (one time), MTB 2 and MTB3 (one time) and UWorld q bank ( one time offline old version, one time mixed timed mode of online questions, then incorrect qs, then marked).
I took my exam in Dec 31, got score report on 23th January.
Exam was hard, I couldn't find words to describe it, the questions were very long, almost all qs, may be 3-5 short qs. my blocks were 45, 45, 44,45,44,45,45,40, drug ads, almost in each block. in the middle of the exam after 4th block I was ready to quit and cry....it was hard to stay there, because I was dissappointed, so everything I studied so hard has nothing to do with weird questions.....but may be subcounciosly I answered quiestions right. after exam I could remember may be max 10 questions as opposed to step 1 when I was sure at least for 75% qs. I had different feelings after exam....I felt I got low score or even failed....but anyway I was praying all 3 weeks, waiting was even harder than exam. Finally I got my score 254, and unbelievable happy for that! I wish you all get your dreamed score! Good luck everyone! any qs, I'll be happy to help.
(Now preparing for CS, and don't really know how to start, I have FA 3rd edition, can anyone send me 4th edition PDF please?, thanks in advance) my email is [email protected]

1/30/2013 2:15:07 PM
congratulations for your great score
i need your valuable suggesstion please
i am done with kaplan leacture notes and videos once and going through notes the second time...(i got 215 in step 1 had used only offline available kaplan resources) i want to do really good in ck now and hit 250+ i was thinking of getting high yield videos and comprehensive cases online...what do u think...please help me take a better decision
thanx

1/30/2013 3:56:41 PM
Hi, thanks,
to tell the truth I think I had high yield videos in my hard drive but I didn't even open them,so I am not sure how valuable are they, the same with comprehensive cases. you need to focus on your weak points, and why not watch those videos about that weak subjects. the best approach I think is uworld. read more and more, try to do more blocks per day, read explanations carefully, make your own notes, and then review your notes. MTB helps for rapid review, but do not start it until you finish Kaplan stuff and uworld. I hope my advice help you. GOod luck!

1/30/2013 4:30:02 PM
thanq soo very much!
i was confused but yes now i feel i am clear i will stick with 2012 lecture notes and 2007 videos and online uworld
thanx and god bless you...congrats again for the amazing score!

1/30/2013 4:37:14 PM
you are very welcome!!!any qs feel free to ask!

1/31/2013 7:45:30 PM
marden2155 wrote:

Great score!!! Did you give any of the NBME?? How much was your score??? How did you know you were ready for the exam?? Thank you in advance.

1/31/2013 7:52:49 PM
Thank you,
I did nbme 4 got 260; did uwsa 256. I know that I was ready for the exam because I finished all my plan, did timed and mixed mode of online uworld, got 86% average, and nbme uwsa. In overall it's hard to say when you are ready, you are never 100% ready, but the secret in giving these exam I think, it's not be ready 100%, but to be brave enough to go for exam, when you finished all aspects you planned to do so.
Good luck!

Great score!!! Did you give any of the NBME?? How much was your score??? How did you know you were ready for the exam?? Thank you in advance.[/quote]

2/8/2013 6:05:23 PM
marden2155 wrote:

Congratulations for the reat score! I have my exam in 3 days! what would b the best way to tackle the books in the last 3 days? thanks so much in advance.

2/8/2013 9:23:07 PM
last three days, it is better to read just your own notes and MTB. you will be lost in Kaplan, there too many things to read. just concentrate on uworld notes, your incorrect ot marked questions and MTB.
GOOOOD Luck!

2/9/2013 7:51:59 PM
marden, how did you study for the drug ads?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK